TSA Agents Fired For Plot To Grope Attractive Passengers, Police Say

Rainman

Two TSA agents, a man and a woman, who worked at the Denver International airport were fired for scheming to grope attractive passengers by manipulating screening equipment. The man was the one to do the groping but the woman was fired for aiding him.

The female agent would falsely tell the scanning machine that the traveler was a woman, so the system would indicate an abnormality in the traveler's groin area and allow the male agent to perform a pat-down.
During the pat-down, the male agent would touch the "passenger's front groin and buttocks area with the palms of his hands, which is contradictory to TSA searching policy

LA Times

No charges have been filed against the two because no victims have been identified.

missbishi

Goodness me, what a horrible story. Isn't it awful that another woman was basically forcing female passengers to be patted down. Why on earth did she enable this disgusting behavior? I'm glad they both got fired but it's a shame that no charges can be pressed.

Gabe

An abuse of power and why other co-workers didn't do or say anything I don't know. Most people know that's why there are a male and female officers at each point. If for some reason a woman isn't there, one is called over. There are already laws to protect people and they clearly knew what they did was wrong.

lushlala

Wow, this is beyond vile! -and for that female agent to actually be party to this creepy behaviour, is very appalling! They're also very stupid when you consider jobs are very thin on the ground these days; just why would they want to compromise their position and tarnish their reputation?! Very strange!

dyanmarie25

The male agent shouldn't be the one doing the pat-down in the first place, it should be a female. That's how it goes here in my country. And yes, this case is a bit alarming, that's why every female passenger should always be very attentive because you never know that a simple inspection could already now be a sexual assault.

thomas pendrake

Read the article, the passengers being groped were male. This, of course, does not make it OK, but probably explains why no victims came forward. Men don't want to admit it when they are the victims. Men aren't allowed to be victims.

JoanMcWench

Go to a strip club, for God's sake. Pay the women accordingly & they'll let you touch them if that's something you need so bad you're willing to lose your job & go to jail for it. Some people don't think. I would have punched him in his face if he touched my crotch. I have no problem going to jail for that one.