Unknown Man Tried To Take Child From Daycare

Rainman

Was he a kidnapper? Or maybe a psycho trying to get back at the child's family? Neither police nor the daycare's staff can answer the questions.

A staff member at Small World Day Care told police a man came into the daycare center on April 3 and asked for a specific child. Police say the man claimed to be associated with the child's family . . . After reviewing surveillance video, the parents told police that they didn't know the man.

Man Tried to Take Child From Va. Daycare: Police | NBC4 Washington

The Prince William county Police are treating the incident as a "misunderstanding." Would they be saying that if the child was abducted?

thegrey1

a "misunderstanding?" WTH? I think we all understand that when someone asks for a "specific child," he knows which child he wants! Surely, this guy will be tracked down and investigated! Good thing they didn't just hand the kid over!

missbishi

It certainly looks like the man wanted a particular child, not just any child in general. This makes me think that the man's intentions towards the child weren't perverse. I wonder, and I know this is sheer speculation on my part, but I wonder if he was the child's father? The real father. Of course the wife would never admit to this but it does seem like a possibility.

thegrey1

It certainly looks like the man wanted a particular child, not just any child in general. This makes me think that the man's intentions towards the child were't perverse. I wonder, and I know this is sheer speculation on my part, but I wonder if he was the child's father? The real father. Of course the wife would never admit to this but it does seem like a possibility.
Well that's an interesting thought. I guess I'm so jaded by this sort of occurrence that such an innocent explanation never entered my mind! I sure hope that's all it is.

lushlala

This is scary beyond words! I mean, the man asked for a specific child; how was he able to identify the child, by name, by describing him; just how?! It sounds like something's not quite adding up here because if he wanted a specific child but the family claim to not him it's very baffling. I just pray that he doesn't try to abduct him again!

Gabe

I doubt there was a misunderstanding, but the family should be aware that someone may have a grudge against them. I'm glad schools are strict and in any case the child would have been scared to go with a stranger.

missbishi

Well that's an interesting thought. I guess I'm so jaded by this sort of occurrence that such an innocent explanation never entered my mind! I sure hope that's all it is.

I'm just an old gossip, that's all! But yes, I certainly hope that's all it was, although it does seem unlikely in this day and age.

dyanmarie25

That's pretty alarming. I think they should really investigate that guy who tried to allegedly kidnap that kid. Good thing, the staff members didn't give the child that easy.

JoanMcWench

Every parents nightmare come true. Nothing like a story about a child being abducted from daycare or school to get me to make sure my kids are where they're supposed to be. All I can chalk this one up to is mental health issues.