Video: SURVIVING AN ACTIVE SHOOTER - LA County Sheriff

Onthemark

• The following video contains graphic content of a violent nature. Viewer discretion is advised.The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has created this video to help people answer the question "What would you do?" in the event of a sudden attack by a gunman while at work, at school, or in public.Visit activeshooter.lasd.org for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnalynn47

I hope I never have to know that feeling. My heart goes out to all the people and their families that have been victims. This is a selfish, and cowardly act. The video is helpful thanks for sharing.

Shimus

Indeed, it opens up eyes that were previously closed to this situation, myself included. Most people just brush this stuff off like "It can never happen to me"

Newsflash

It can. It's better to prepare now and ahead of time for when the time comes.

jeremy2

In light of the recent terrorism attacks that are happening on a near daily basis,this video has really provided very important survival tips to those who may find themselves in such situations.We need to be proactive and armed with the necessarily survival skills because we never know when we may need them.

Rosyrain

That is the crazy part, it can happen to anyone at any time. An active shooter has no boundaries and it really can be a random act. It is better to plan now what you would do and never have to use the information that to not plan and have no clue what to do. The best chance you have at protecting yourself it to be informed and have an action plan.

Shimus

Thanks for posting this, again. I just shared it with some friends and got their feedback too. It's always nice to share it around and see what other people can come up with or think about.

Gelsemium

I think it's great that we receive this advice, scary at the same time though, I wish this never happens to me, but if it does I will be better prepared.

shilpa123

I think this is a wonderful message given out to the people. They do know how to tell the people what must be done. But it is also very scary.