What do you prefer AR 15 or MP5?

bradleyurt

I have used the AR-15 for so long it's like brushing my teeth, and breaking it down and cleaning it gives me some therapy

Profit5500

Think the MP5 gun seems easier but I guess it depends on your field stripping experience and preference. I never had a weapon to field strip so I don't know.

ItsZiggy

Not an officer but I prefer the AR-15, simply because I've grown accustomed to it and I'm very familiar with it, not to say that the MP5 wouldn't be an outstanding choice in the right hands.

Profit5500

AR15 assault rifles have become more reliable over the years with many newer companies. Then you have long time companies like Smith & Wesson who makes AR15's along with Sig Sauer who makes those as well. I think AR15 has come a long way so I think they are far better than what they used to be.

bala

I have used the AR-15 for so long it's like brushing my teeth, and breaking it down and cleaning it gives me some therapy
I won't argue with your experience, however, the MP series is still widely used.Even now the fully auto came out and looks much better apart from using the FMJ only.
U used the civilian version..??

wulfman

AR-15 seems easier to use but I myself have not used either one. Only seen them in demonstrations.

Whitewolf2578

Not an Officer but this is kind of a hard one anyway. One is an assault rifle and one is a sub machine gun. Can't I take both? AR-15 has the range you want and MP5 has the close range accuracy. Can't I choose both? :D

Profit5500

Not an Officer but this is kind of a hard one anyway. One is an assault rifle and one is a sub machine gun. Can't I take both? AR-15 has the range you want and MP5 has the close range accuracy. Can't I choose both? :D
Mp5 sub machine guns are widely reliable for close quarters. Ar15 are rifles so the range is greater along with the accuracy which helps in fire fights. Not to mention Ar15 uses .223 round which is the civilian version of the 5.56x45 NATO round so that helps.

AlexF15

Probably an Ar 15, long range has always been a specialty of mine. I"m not one of those to use a sub machine gun, not my type of weapon.

Hengista

I'm no officer, but from my experience, logic and knowledge I'd say a MP5 is the better choice considering general scenarios. Chances are you won't attempt to shoot someone at high ranges, rather medium to short range encounters, and the MP5 is easier to handle in tight spaces too.