What is an Officers standard isse?

askanison

My Brother's birthday is coming up and i want to get him something that he can use on the job. I obviously can't ask him so i am asking here. I just need to know if there is anything you can use from home on your job to make gift hunting easier for me. He is a huge Cowboys fan but i imagine something with a logo would be a no no. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gelsemium

I think it's hard to give something a police officer that we can wear on the job, unless he's not wearing a uniform. If he has a job at the desk why not some cool and discrete headphones?

askanison

No he is out on the streets patrolling. I was hoping to find something useful for his job as a gift. Guess he is getting a NFL jersey. He isn't hard to buy for by any means. I just wanted something he could use daily at work.

Profit5500

Maybe you should give him a a Springfield XDM handgun with two magazines. Maybe you can buy him a set of handcuffs from sites that have law enforcement gear.

Dunkel

I'm hope I'm not late. I'm currently looking for good (lumen wise) personal flashlights. I think it's a personal must and you can get it engrave with laser(if it's a metal type of flashlight).

Just giving ideas!

Ricardo187

I guess some cool flashlight would be nice. Preferably one superior to the one he currently uses. I'm pretty it'd turn out useful.

Shawn

I would just buy something unique to him being a cop. Maybe a pig toy in a police uniform lol, something funny he can laugh at and put on his dash or something like that. As far as equipment to carry, a lot of departments have regulations on that kind of stuff. If he has a cheaper vest, maybe buy him a really nice one, could save his life one day!

ReDGuNNeR

Check with the regulations of your brother's local law enforcement. There may be restrictions on bringing or wearing items that have not been approved or handed out by the station. Body armor sounds like a little too much but would be nice if allowed. I like the idea of a simple tool that can help him such as a little flashlight or even a funny gag gift he can hang in his keys or patrol car to remind him of home when the going gets tough.