What is the craziest dish you've seen made from Top Ramen?

True2marie

Top Ramen is one of those foods everyone eats at least once. It's just cheap enough to tempt anyone who walks buy it in a grocery store. So, the fact people are making all kinds of crazy dishes out of Top Ramen isn't a big surprise.

My favorite . . . Top Ramen Burgers.
rs_600x600-130821103803-600.RamenBurger1.mh.082113.jpg

Not a dish, but still hilarious . . . Top Ramen Hair.
Top+ramen+hair.jpg

kaitheteen

I really want to try a ramen burger! I've loved all kinds of ramen all my life and would love to try something a bit different, but the same :D

bala

@True2marie :OMG that made me ROFL.It seriously was a laugh riot after i saw those 2 pics.I have never heard of Top ramen burgers,but are they so funny..?
Seriously,thanks to you,for posting that.Thumbs up..P

dariel2323

High in calories, but is still very good and crazy. I would like to make one in my house, and eat me it completely, jajajaj. Good information and thanks for sharing.

PhilA

Not really heard of this food, i's just basically noodles? Damn im boring, I never seen anything interesting made from noodles, but I am sure as heck going to look now.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
ramen-fried-chicken-5.jpg

Ramen Noodles Fried Chicken

Saw this on tv and it turned out great.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound skinless boneless chicken (it calls for chicken wings but I am not a fan of wings.
For the dry batter:
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the wet batter:
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup vodka
1 packet ramen seasoning
2 packages Top Ramen, crumbled
1 quart vegetable, peanut, or canola oil
For the dipping sauce:
1 teaspoon sriracha
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon scallions, finely chopped
DIRECTIONS
1. Rinse chicken wings in cold water, and pat dry.
2. Mix together dry batter ingredients in a bowl, and set aside. Mix together wet batter ingredients in a separate bowl. Break apart the dry ramen into a third bowl. You want the pieces to be small enough that they will stick to the chicken but large enough that they still have their shape.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350°F. Line a half-sheet pan with paper towels.
4. Working in small batches, dredge the chicken wings in the dry batter. Shake off any excess, and dip the wings in the wet batter. Brush off any excess batter with a food-safe brush.
5. Fry the wings for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally for even browning. Let the wings drain on the paper-towel-lined half-sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining wings.
6. Dip the par-cooked wings back in the wet batter, and brush off any excess batter. Coat the wings in the crumbled ramen.
7. Fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the outside has browned and is crisp.
8. Meanwhile, mix together the sriracha, rice wine vinegar, and scallions. Serve the wings hot with the dipping sauce.