What is with the moms killing their babies?

Gin0710

I have seen maybe two or three stories about a mom poisoning her kid, throwing him off a bridge and God knows what else. What is wrong with moms today? Stop killing your babies and adopt them out if it is too much for you to handle. There are so many childless couples out there who would love to take care of your kid for you.

Determined2014

yes that is true, there are very many couples out there who would be more than happy to adopt those children that are being killed by their mothers, it is weird how they want to live, yet they do not want their children to live, yet they are the ones who got pregnant and brought them to this world.

Gin0710

It's called a condom and birth control. Or how about you stop being such a damn tramp and keep your legs crossed and focus on getting a life! Okay, rant over.

pattycake

I have seen maybe two or three stories about a mom poisoning her kid, throwing him off a bridge and God knows what else. What is wrong with moms today?

That's a good question.

People are just going crazy now. Doing way out off the wall stuff that's totally unnecessary. Lunacy is becoming the theme of life now, and a lot of people are gonna be doing some really bugged out stuff that makes no kind of sense.

Profit5500

I have seen maybe two or three stories about a mom poisoning her kid, throwing him off a bridge and God knows what else. What is wrong with moms today? Stop killing your babies and adopt them out if it is too much for you to handle. There are so many childless couples out there who would love to take care of your kid for you.
I think that some moms are just overwhelmed with the idea of motherhood. Its like they do not want to deal with the responsibility anymore. I mean its hard but in some ways you got to take care of the kid he or she is your responsibility. I do not think that moms killing babies is anything new but I think that this issue should be dealt with more.

DancingLady

I do not understand it myself. I can understand, somewhat, when a woman hides her pregnancy and gets rid of the baby right after it is born. In those cases there may be all sorts of reasons why the woman did this, I would suspect that abuse of some sort is involved or has been a part of the woman's past. I don't understand why someone would want to kill their child after they have cared for him/her for some time. It is so easy to give up a child for adoption if you are unable to take care of him/her.

olivia

The mothers who do this are probably mentally ill. Normal people don't kill their babies. They could be suffering from postpartum depression, or most likely, they already had issues before giving birth. Anyone can have children, even people who shouldn't.

shreklock

There will always e people like this, and nothing can change that. Of course, we can prevent most of it by maybe tighten the laws, so they would think twice before doing anything stupid.

Onionman

I can only imagine that they in such a dark place they can't see a way out at all. Anyone more rational would certainly want to be hurting their children even if they plan to hurt themselves. The children are the real innocent victims in all of this and never deserving of what happens. It's sad but we need more desperate mothers to speak out.

pattycake

I think that some moms are just overwhelmed with the idea of motherhood. Its like they do not want to deal with the responsibility anymore. I mean its hard but in some ways you got to take care of the kid he or she is your responsibility. I do not think that moms killing babies is anything new but I think that this issue should be dealt with more.

Not wanting the responsibility goes without saying, but killing is a whole different neighborhood. Why not give up custody of the child to the states? The way I see it, a lot of people just don't care where they wake up anymore.

Popcorn365

I think this type of thing has always been going on but technology has allowed people more access to these stories than ever before. These women are sick and need help and my heart just breaks for those poor babies. I know I have days where I'm extremely overwhelmed and sleep deprived but I cannot imagine taking that out on my children in such a way. Even when I'm at my worst and the baby has been crying for days and I have had no help taking care of her or my other child....I can't imagine doing anything to hurt them.

primalclaws1974

I might have a modicum of empathy if the mother was suffering postpartum depression immediately following the baby's birth. While the mother was carrying the infant all the attention of friends and family was on her. After the baby's birth the people around the mother swoon over the new addition to the family. The mother can feel abandoned. This still does not condone infanticide, and a person with a history of mental health issues to boot should not be left alone with a baby...even her own.

Determined2014

You are right Lunacy has taken over the world, there is nothing nice, that people are doing this days, everyday we hear about more and more crazy things taking place in the whole world.

Rainman

One mother killed her child because she wanted to "save him." That's exactly what she said. The world was an evil place and she did what she thought was best for him. Why have the kid in the first place if she knew the world was an evil place? Most of the other mothers who kill their kids have mental issues or have drug-related problems.

Such stories make me sick, to be honest.

Nate5

There are people who are definitely not suitable to be parents. There are also mothers and fathers out there that truly care about their children, but the stress and lack of sleep gets to everyone, great and small. Tragedies like this happen, but they can be prevented with training and instinct development.

cc1001

I am a mom myself. It is easy to judge someone and not understand what is going on in their head.I do believe not everyone is cut out to be a mother.It is hard being a mother.It can be overwhelming for some.It is easy to say that the person should not have had the child in the first place.I agree any harm to an innocent child is very bad.There are woman who have children and not ready for motherhood.I think they take their frustrations out on the child or children.

ally79

I am a mother of 2 and my first had colic and cried non-stop, 18 hours a day for 3 months and I never once thought about harming her. There were several times when my husband didn't make it out of the truck before I handed him the baby got in my car and left for half an hour, but it never crossed my mind to harm my child.

I think that the women who do things like this are obviously seriously mentally disturbed.

Muthoni

I think that when someone is struggling with a problem, they do not think rationally. Maybe these mothers do not know that they can give away their babies. It must be so hard for them to hurt their babies.

hayrake

Well, we have public schools and the media in collusion here, teaching and showing things that encourage an interest in sex at an unnatural age. Then there is the prevalence of drug and alcohol use; which, I believe is escalating among women in general, as well as in both sexes at younger ages yet. But probably the biggest thing, which all these other things are only a part of is the "me first" mentality that exists everywhere you look today.