What should I wear to the polygraph exam?

walter511

I have my polygraph exam next week. I got the call from the polygraph examiner to set up the appointment, he told me a suit wasn't necessary and I could wear business casual. I've been wearing a suit to everything. I feel that I should wear the suit anyway. Do I go suit or should I go business casual, in which case what do you guys suggest I wear? What did you guys wear?

Kootzg

I would wear the suit. You are going to take off the jacket once he puts you on the machine. I also think it will be better to overdress than underdress.

toddkohn

Wear a suit. My buddy told me when he went everybody showed up in a suit and tie, except one guy. The sergeant gave him a hard time and told him he better wear a suit from there on out.

Whitewolf2578

I never understood what the difference was between Business casual and Dress up. They look the same to me. But yeah you should dress up in your finest linens, you are selling yourself to get the job. When any interviewer says "You don't have to wear this..." You should go against what he says and dress up anyway. That is a common trick they do.

JoanMcWench

I don't think an entire suit is necessary. Why not just wear the dress shirt & roll it up when the time comes? Maybe it's better not to stress on what to wear at all & just be comfortable. I don't think going into a polygraph stressed about things that do not really matter is the best way to begin a polygraph.

missbishi

I think the only difference between dress-up and business casual is the jacket and tie. I'd just wear the suit - you'll be taking the jacket off anyhow. Make sure you are comfortable though - you don't want any feelings of unease that could potentially mess your result up.

Shimus

I would wear the suit. You are going to take off the jacket once he puts you on the machine. I also think it will be better to overdress than underdress.

Always easier to overdress and be the odd-man out (but looking suave, and awesome!) than to come as a "Too casual" type, that sets a bad precedent ant atmosphere for your respective bosses to start 'judging' you. And if you think it doesn't start at the clothes level, you're wrong.

Just wear the suit and be yourself. You'll land it.