What was the worst thing about the Academy?

Heyshiloh

Everyone has a different opinion about what was the worst part - what was it for you? Pepper spray, tazing, the anticipation? Let me know what the worst thing you had to go through and why. I'm hoping to understand what to expect in every sense of the term.

GemmaRowlands

The worst thing is the pressure of knowing that you can hardly put a foot wrong. If you do, you will be in trouble, and that is something that you do need to get your head around right from the beginning. Knowing that you can't make mistakes can often make you so nervous that you end up making mistakes because of it, and you really do need to learn ways in which you can calm yourself down a bit. That will help, and you should find that you can get through things more easily that way.

Trickster

Not sure about other countries, but here's it's the fear of not getting rejected, but not being good enough. A buddy of mine applied for 3 years in a row before he got in! The economical situation here is just cruel.

And to be honest, being a cop around here isn't a dream job. The wage is average-ish, you get to deal with drunk and fools, and everyone criticizes you!

Profit5500

Its definitely not the most favored career due to numerous incidents between police and civilian. So yes its a really stressful job and you have to be able to put up with criticism from people including your fellow officers.