When working out what do you think of?

zacloces

I don't usually have any thoughts during my workout. I pretty much focus on regulating my breathing and keeping my stride in good form.

Rob93FL

I just focus on moving the weight. I don't think of anything other than lifting when I'm performing a lift. Thinking of anything else would only distract me from the movement, and I might start losing form.

lalalola

I actually found a way to help motivate myself to work out. I have my iPad on the treadmill, and I've been watching a show on Netflix - six seasons, 24 episodes, 45 mins each episode. The only time I am ever allowed to watch the video though is when I am running/walking on the treadmill. This works perfect especially because it's a suspenseful show!

Peninha

I think that the best way to work out is to find an exercise that we love, once we are doing that time will just fly by. If pain is coming we can use music or if we are working out at home the TV can help too.

Headphones on, turn on some motivational music that pumps you up and just get in the zone. I really just don't let anything distract me. When it's time to work out, its time to work out.

bala

Music..Yes..Motivational thoughts..No
I listen to heavy beat songs,mostly Metallica and Eminem and it pumps adrenaline faster.I think of physiques i have desired to have and work out.I picture it right up there and i slog it out to get those on me.I never really can feel the pain while working out,and this might be the reason..

ic3squid

Well, when I'm lifting weights at the gym and blasting music in my ears I always have this weird thought of Rocky Balboa beating the absolute daylights out of someone in a boxing ring.

Vivat

I think about the next fight I'll be getting in. That motivates me a lot more than what I used to do.

Determined2014

When I am working out, I think of a fine body , I think of how I want to look like and that is the picture that I keep in my head, so I put my mind fixed on that image and that is how I keep on working out to meet that goal.

helaofthenorns

There are times when I listen to music. However, I find that carrying an iPod while working out can be inconvenient at times. When I am not listening to music, I just think about random things. More often than not, I just think about how it feels when my feet hit the pavement.

Patrick

Sometimes, when I'm at my last set of the day, I imagine that if I don't sprint faster or if I don't manage to complete another rep, I will lose someone dear to me. It helps to push the body to the absolute limit.

Teens In Crisis

I try to zone out and just get through it. It's horrible to say, but I get insanely bored when working out. I know it has to be done, and I try my hardest to meet my daily goals, but sometimes I just feel like I'm running in slow motion and not getting all the things done I could be doing.

cc1001

When I work out I try to think of good motivational thoughts. When you are working out you are doing something good for your body. When you think good motivational thoughts you are doing something good for your mind and body. When working out I think it is a good time to not worry about problems and things that can get you down and just relax and enjoy the time you have to do something positive for yourself.

shandrum

I do many different things when I am working out and exercising. I mostly listen to my headset when I am running, but I do on occasion, watch TV or a movie if I am doing an exercise DVD. I also have days when I just want complete silence. It all depends on my mood.

JoshPosh

Banned
Listening to something in the background does help keep you motivated in the gym and working out. I don't wear headphones because they will get soaked from my sweat.

Kittyworker

When doing cardio I usually listen to moderate tempo music to help keep my pace going. jog.fm is great for this.
When resistance training I sometimes listen to music, usually something pumping or upbeat. Techno, Hip-Hop and Metal are usually my go tos.

Peninha

Music brings me memories, so i love listening to music because it gets me all pumped up to work with rhythm and memories.