Which is a better round, 9mm or 45 ?

tanker

This is a debate which has gone on for a long time. Which is a better round ?

The 9mm round has the advantage that it is smaller, so there is a greater magazine capacity. Also since the round is smaller, there is less recoil, which means it is easier to bring the gun back on target. The detractors of the 9mm round argue that it will not always bring the target down.

The 45 is a larger round, but it has a much greater stopping power. The primary argument for this round is that it will bring the target down most of the time with just one shot.

What is your guy's take on this ?

Rainman

Depends on the prospective danger the cop will face on duty. In places where an officer might be expected to incapacitate several suspects who might not be wielding 'lethal' weapons then the 9mm might be a better option since you got more rounds.

For more dangerous places where you need just one shot to stop someone then the .45 is definitely a better choice.

JoanMcWench

Personally, I prefer the .45. However, I see the positives of both. It may just depend on how comfortable an officer feels with the rounds over the power or amount.

FuZyOn

It's a very close call for me. The 9mm helps a lot with targetting the enemy, but a good shot with the .45 can be lethal.
I used to always use the 9mm since it was easier for me to learn proper aiming, but I preffer the .45 one now because it's more secure.

Shimus

I prefer 9's because of concealing practices. You may need a concealed carry permit, but having two 9's is easier then rolling one 45 and being done with it, plus having a backup gun is always smart. That way you don't hesitate to throw one away in a bad situation to act like you're playing along.

Plus any gun is good way to kill someone, 9 or 45 or not. As long as you place the shot the right way.