Winter Workouts

Patrick

So winter is coming, and outdoor sports, jogging, cycling etc. just became much more difficult or impossible. What other exercise routines would you recommend to keep fit during the winter season?

Rob93FL

Just do all of the exercises that you do outside in a house or in the gym. If you like riding your bike, use a stationary bike. If you like running, use a treadmill or an elliptical.

Nate5

Perhaps in your Christmas shopping, treat yourself to a pull up bar. Relatively cheap, easy to install, indoors, and much easier than having to go to a gym or a park to do pull ups. I believe in a recent interview, Arnold Schwarzenegger endorsed pull ups as the best exercise, as they work out many muscles in the body. Furthermore, if you can, you can also try hanging sit ups. Very versatile product overall!

GemmaRowlands

Unless it's actually dangerous to run outside due to ice, I would still run there. Because you soon warm up, and you can't tell it's cold anymore. If you're not able to do that then I would focus on bodyweight exercises that I can do from the comfort of my own home, and would maybe put some music on and run on the spot. You can do that to quite a high intensity, and while it might not be the same as going outside to do your exercise, it would at the very least help you to keep your fitness levels up over the winter until the weather got nicer again and you were able to go back outside.

Gelsemium

I play tennis so I end up spending my time looking for a covered tennis court that is more expensive and harder to book.