Woman Accused Of Attacking, Kidnapping Boy

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Orlando police have arrested a woman that allegedly attacked a 11-year-old boy at his elementary school, threatening to kill him and kidnapping him.

The victim claims a classmate’s mother tried to kill him because he called the girl a name. The mother, Sandra Deloris Rivera, is facing kidnapping and battery charges. Officials say she is banned from the Eccleston Elementary School.

According to police reports, the 28-year-old mother became furious after learning that her 9-year-old daughter had been allegedly called a curse word by the 11-year-old boy.

Police believe Rivera was waiting for the student, Ray Villanueva, after school. The boy told police that Rivera walked up to him after school and threw him off his bike. He told police that Rivera allegedly slammed him into a concrete wall. She then put her arm around his neck and beginning to choke him.

"If you call my daughter a [expletive] again I'm gonna choke you to death," Rivera told the boy, the affidavit says. “I was terrified she was about to kill me. "I could barely breathe,†Villanueva said.

Afterward, the boy said Rivera told him to get inside her car. "If you don't tell me the ways to your house I will kill you," Rivera told the boy, according to his account. Rivera then drove the boy to his house.

[video=youtube_share;Xt1F4ypebEo]http://youtu.be/Xt1F4ypebEo[/video]

She confronted his mother and then left. “This woman came to my house telling me she was choking my son,†Ana Baez said. “Even if my son called your daughter a name, you come and you tell me,†Baez said. “You don’t go and grab the child and try and kill him. You’re an adult.â€

Baez then called the police. She told the officer that Rivera said her intent was to "shock the heck" out of the boy.

The incident was captured on school surveillance video. “I saw that woman grabbing my son like this, in the back like this, and punching him on the head,†she said.

Rivera told authorities her daughter had been mistreated by Villanueva before, and claims school officials had not acted on complaints. She told police she did not intend to harm the boy.

Rivera was jailed in Orange County, and has since bonded out. She was ordered by the judge to stay away from Ray and his family.

Attachments

• SandraRivera.jpg
    SandraRivera.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,052
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

She didn't handle the situation like an adult. She reacted to it like a child. I myself did better than that when I was a little kid. I was being punched on by a girl in school, and I couldn't hit her back because she kept running off after every hit, so I would of had to chase her and I couldn't run because I had asthma. So I went to her mother, and that put a stop to it right on the spot.

I would have hit the girl back if she didn't run, but I was a little kid. This mom did worse than me.

She should have gone to the boy's mother, and confronted the school about the boy's behavior too. The way she did it, she set a bad example for her daughter and got herself in trouble.

pattycake

I saw an example of the same thing in the movie The Hand That Rocks The Cradle.

The nanny did the same thing to a boy at school who was mistreating the little girl she was taking care of. She ruffed him up, threw him against a wall, and threatened to kill him. Same thing.

The objective of a parent should always be to teach their child how to handle matters on their own. Not step in and fight their battles for them. This keeps them in a state of childhood and helplessness.

pattycake

What the boy and the girl in this case gathers from adult behavior, is that it's appropriate not to know how to handle anything, and respond rashly. This doesn't develop a child's reasoning skills.

Gelsemium

Talk about making justice with their own hands, kids are kids and always call names, but mothers doing this is something criminal.

warmweatherwoman

Although she didn't handle the situation correctly- I have a feeling this boy may be a bully- and she just solved his problem! lollll!

Sweetheart

She looks fun. Some kind of sinister, evil look on her face. Maybe she should sit in church for a while. She handled it like a mobster and I guess that is one way to do it. No pleasant tupperware parties for her and the boy's Mom I guess.

pattycake

Although she didn't handle the situation correctly- I have a feeling this boy may be a bully- and she just solved his problem! lollll!

The boy is definitely a bully. But adults are supposed to be above that level. if adults are on the same level with kids, then how can kids reach adulthood?

SamClemensMT

Well, it seems like what we have here is a bully who stepped on a land mine. Not that the woman was right, but in her defense she did complain to the school officials and nothing was done. The poor lady was defending here daughter. I blame the school for not doing enough early on.