Woman Gets 3 Years For Putting Gun In Boy's Backpack

Anthony

Super Moderator
HeatherHodges.jpg
A Houston woman is going to serve three years in prison for placing her boyfriend's gun in his son's backpack to get the child in trouble at his school.
Heather Hodges, 28, of Anderson, Texas was sentenced Thursday. Hodges had pleaded guilty to unlawful carrying of a weapon on restricted premises in the 2012 case.
Authorities say her reasoning for her actions was that she thought the 13-year-old boy had mistreated her two younger children.
"Her explanation to me was that she wanted to see my son get into trouble," said the boy's father, who did want not to be identified.
Law enforcement discovered found the gun in the boy's backpack at Magnolia Junior High School after receiving an anonymous phone call that was later linked to Hodges.
Nobody was hurt and the 13-year-old boy was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

I don't get what goes on in the head of this woman, really! 3 years in jail, well done, she could have caused a disaster.

Peninha

I agree, those are delusional actions, but delusional people are brought back to reality with jail time!

warmweatherwoman

Really??! This dummy couldn't think of anything more "grown-up" to do then to try and pin something like this on a kid? Sometimes adults shock me more than children that really know no better do.

pattycake

She tries to get a minor in trouble a planting a gun on him because of his mistreatment of her younger children? Now how juvenile is that? She herself is now in jail, which is where her reasoning led her.

pattycake

Really??! This dummy couldn't think of anything more "grown-up" to do then to try and pin something like this on a kid? Sometimes adults shock me more than children that really know no better do.

And how!!

She's in jail now herself, so she can't even be with her children now.

Muthoni

Children are a gift from God and should not be used to settle scores. This woman is very immature to have done this. It was so much easier to talk to the father of the boy and her children to come to the root of the problem. It is surprising when adults make silly mistakes that can be avoided in the first place. This must have been traumatizing for the thirteen year old boy.

Peninha

So true, she has done the worse possible thing, this is not how to be pedagogic, this is acting as a revenge, she was totally immature.

Onionman

Some people need to go to 'parenting school' because I honestly can't work out how she thought that putting the gun in the bag was ever going to be a good thing. And even if the kid had got into trouble, what kind of punishment was she expecting the kid to get? Expulsion?

dolittle94

Okay if you want to discipline your kid you whoop them or ground them, not plant firearms in their backpacks and try to frame them for a crime. I feel sorry for the kid. She's lucky he's not as psychotic as her because if it were crazy vs. crazy I would think the boy would shoot her with the planted gun.

Sweetheart

Well this doesn't make any sense. I guess guns in backpacks is a standard in Texas. I'm going to say the boy may have been experiencing being bullied. Maybe it was severe and the Mom gave him the gun to protect himself. This would make a lot more sense then I want to get my son in trouble at school.