Woman Hurt Dog To Get Pain Pills From Vet

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in Elizabethtown, Kentucky say they arrested a woman for allegedly cutting her pet dog with a disposable razor so she could get her hands on pain pills.

According to Hardin County officials, Heather Pereira, 23, reportedly confessed to cutting her 4-year-old Golden Retriever three times in hopes of the vet prescribing Tramadol, a narcotic pain reliever made specifically for dogs. She also admitted to police that she did the same thing at a Louisville animal clinic for more pain medication.

Veterinarian Chad Bailey called police because the number of Pereira’s visits and the nature of the wounds made Pereira's visit this time very suspicious. Bailey said the dog had two cuts to her right flank that required about eight stitches to close.

“This was the third time the dog had been to the clinic since October 17, and all three times, it was there it was for injuries, lacerations that it received,†said Bailey.

Pereira was charged with three counts of first-offense torture of an animal and three counts of attempt to obtain a controlled substance by making false statements. She is being held on a $5,000 bond.

The dog has been placed with a foster family and is doing well.

[video=youtube_share;jiNIh20si34]http://youtu.be/jiNIh20si34[/video]

Attachments

• HeatherPereira.jpg
    HeatherPereira.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,589
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Gee, what's wrong with the usual narcs and booze anymore? I'm just glad that the vet picked up on that and the the dog is now safe. And hopefully, she will do some time in jail.

Onionman

Clearly desperate people make desperate measures. You've got to feel sorry for the dog as the animal had absolutely nothing to do with it. She needs help for her addiction but she also needs to be punished as well. It was just very wrong what she did.

Muthoni

This story made me feel sick in the stomach. She must be heartless to cut the dog instead of obtaining help for her addiction. She has no remorse because she did it two times. Her dog must have been living in fear because this must be so painful to qualify for the pain meds. It is good to hear that the dog is doing well away from her.

Gelsemium

What a sick woman, so she hurt the animal to get drugs for her addiction, poor animal, I am glad she got caught...

Allison2021

How could she imagine such a scheme?
That demonstrates how depraved she was towards an animal.
She should be made to complete thousands of hours in community service. She should serve community service to an animal shelter.

Strykstar

Gee, what's wrong with the usual narcs and booze anymore? I'm just glad that the vet picked up on that and the the dog is now safe. And hopefully, she will do some time in jail.

Agreed, poor dog was suffering these cuts just because the owner wanted to get high on dog medication...
Not only is that crazy, the poor guy wasn't even taking the pill for his pain..

pattycake

Clearly desperate people make desperate measures. You've got to feel sorry for the dog as the animal had absolutely nothing to do with it. She needs help for her addiction but she also needs to be punished as well. It was just very wrong what she did.

Yeah, I agree. Cutting on an animal was really messed up. She need to do some serious time for that. But I'm not sure if somebody like that can be helped. I'm serious, because if I were that desperate to get high, I would surely ask for help instead of harming somebody. There's psychiatric and rehab facilities all over the place, they even have hotlines you can call, so why not go to one and ask for help? Instead, you cut on an animal to get a prescription? I don't see how anybody like that can be helped.

warmweatherwoman

People like this have a very special place in hell (if there is one). To hurt an innocent dog is horrible to say the least. If this woman has an addiction to pain medication she needs to get some help and stop hurting innocent animals!

dolittle94

I know right, it's not like there isn't an abundance of that stuff every and anywhere. Some people are just sick and cruel. On the bright side, at least she didn't break the dogs leg, somehow that would have made this story ten times worse.

Strykstar

People like this have a very special place in hell (if there is one). To hurt an innocent dog is horrible to say the least. If this woman has an addiction to pain medication she needs to get some help and stop hurting innocent animals!

Exactly, there were plenty of ways for her to get her kicks and be as drugged up as she wanted without hurting the poor dog.

mairj23

It's amazing to see the stupid things people do when addicted to meds. The Vet should have been suspicious after the second case as the dog sustained the same injuries. This woman should be imprisoned for this, as it's animal cruelty. These prescription meds are causing more problems that narcotics.