Being a cop

vinceasneed

I know many people really wanted to be a cop when they were growing up. I was definitely one of those. I became a teacher instead. I feel like that is the key to creating a strong society. But I am wondering how many others used to want to be a cop? Why did you want to be a cop? I wanted to because of the pride and prestige that was with it. I enjoyed knowing that I would be able to make this world a safer and better place. Its not a job for everyone and I don't think it would have been a job for me.

Gelsemium

I really can't recall wanting to be a cop and my kids don't want it either. More, when they see cops they become a little frightened because they know cops take the bad guys and as they misbehave sometimes... :D

GlacialDoom

I never wanted to be a cop. Instead, when I was a wee lad, I was afraid of them. One time, for my 4th birthday, after all other people left the party, a family friend came home, and he was still in his police uniform. I was SO terrified back then, that I couldn't speak again with that guy for a few weeks, even though he was a really good family friend and a laid back guy.

missbishi

I did want to be a cop when I was about 4 yers old. I thought it would be a cool job, I could arrest all the naughty boys and girls and drive a really fast car! I used to love seeing the mounted police too - they were always quite friendly and would stop and have a chat about the horse. Life was so much easier as a kid though!

Muthoni

My brother went for interview and actually passed; he changed his mind at the last minute and became a teacher like you. I think that watching police academy on television actually put the desire to become a policeman in his heart. He must have discovered that it was not as easy as it looked on television. I do not have the courage to be a policewoman myself. It must take guts everyday to report to the place of work.