Boy Missing 4 years Found In Georgia

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Clayton County police say they rescued a boy who has been reported missing for four years Saturday morning. They found him in an Atlanta area home, thanks in part to the child's use of a cell phone. Police say the boy got in touch with his mother via cellphone app.

Police visited the home for a welfare check around 11 p.m. Friday night. At first the occupants denied any knowledge of the child. “Upon initial arrival, responding officers made contact with several occupants at the location who denied having knowledge of any information concerning the victim,†Clayton County police Sgt. Kevin Hughes said. “After a brief search of the premises, the officers left without locating the victim.â€

Police raided the home around 2 a.m. after the boy contacted his mother by text for the second time. That is when they discovered the boy hidden behind a panel behind a linen closet in an insulation area in the garage.

“While at the location during the second call, the victim was able to establish phone contact with his mother and she in turn passed on additional information to the officers on the scene,†Hughes said. “The victim was found behind a false wall within the residence.â€

[video=youtube_share;UPn8vm340_w]http://youtu.be/UPn8vm340_w[/video]
Five people that were in the home were arrested including the boy’s father, 37-year-old Gregory Jean, and 42-year-old Samantha Joy Davis and charged them with false imprisonment, cruelty to children and obstruction. The other three arrested were juveniles, Hughes said.

Authorities believe the mother never reported the boy missing to police, only to child welfare because she is an immigrant and is not familiar with the system and procedures to follow.

The child's mother, who lives in another state, arrived at the Clayton County police department hours after the rescue to be reunited with her son, Hughes said.

Authorities say the investigation is ongoing, and additional charges are possible. Police say they have a lot of unanswered questions as to who has custody and they are working with the child's mother.

While police sort everything out the boy will most likely stay in the custody of Division of Family and Children Services.

Attachments

• georgiahome.jpg
    georgiahome.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,649
Last edited by a moderator:

Allison2021

Alleluia!
I love a good ending. I especially love good endings pertaining to children.
I only hope the child will continue a safe existence. I hope he finds a home that will welcome and appreciate him.

Onionman

Even though it was on the back of a stupid crime by his father, it's great to hear a good news story. It's timed perfectly for Christmas as well. Now lock up the father for a very long time.

Gelsemium

Indeed, but four years is a lot of time, even if it's not mentioned the boy's age. Either cases, I am glad the boy is back to the mother.

Peninha

I am a parent and I can't even imagine the hell of being so many years without our kid, gladly he's back though.

Strykstar

I wish the article mentioned the child's age, that would be a key factor.
I'm not sure I believe how the mother didn't know she had to report it to the police because she's an immigrant, surely that's what you do in any country, right?

pattycake

Alleluia!
I love a good ending. I especially love good endings pertaining to children.
I only hope the child will continue a safe existence. I hope he finds a home that will welcome and appreciate him.

Same here. I'm so glad that boy is alive and okay. I saw this one on the news. It showed the boy and his mother hugging in tears. It's an apparent kidnapping by his father. Some men want to engage in a rivalry bout with their child's mother and don't really want the child. Which stands to reason why he abuses after he gets the child in his custody.

mimsee

I wish the article mentioned the child's age, that would be a key factor.
I'm not sure I believe how the mother didn't know she had to report it to the police because she's an immigrant, surely that's what you do in any country, right?

They didn't mention the legal status of her immigration, though. I think it's possible she could have been here illegally and was potentially too scared to contact the police about this matter. If they deported her she would have no way of ever finding out if her son was okay. That's just a theory, though. She could have very well been here legally and really didn't know what to do.

I'd be more worried about it if she hadn't of reported it to anyone at all.

I am so glad that the boy has been rescued because it seems like that would be Hell for him. Who knows how often they shoved him in that false-wall???

Muthoni

The mother of this boy must have gone through a lot of pain for those four years while his father hid him. I am amazed that none of the people including the juveniles in this home had a heart to disclose where the boy was hidden. This is a clever boy who was able to bid his time until he could contact his mom. Four years is a long time especially for children.

oraclemay

The child obviously feels a lot safer and wants to be with the mother or he would not have contacted her. It is amazing how one parent thinks it is alright to deprive a child of their relationship with the other parent, especially the mother.

They don't even really want the child, but do this to get back at the other parent. The poor children are the ones who end up suffering. Thank God they managed to find this child before his situation became much worse.

Sweetheart

Georgia, clayton county. Four years is a long time I hadn't heard of this one. Father and stepmother that is crazy town. I wonder what the Dad says his reason is for this. They made him stay behind a hidden panel, its just ridiculous. The things people do, not rational thats for sure.

mairj23

Finally some good news for a change. This story is a miracle because most kids that go missing, never make it back alive. It's clear that he was abducted by the people of the house. I can't imagine the joy of the mother when she received that text.