Bring Out The Good China!

Muthoni

Sometimes we keep the good plates and cups out of reach only to be used when guests come over. Today is the day to change that; you are more important than all the guests who come to your house. Get out the good china and enjoy your meals. Life is too short; what say you?

helaofthenorns

I grew up in a household where in the good dinnerwares are reserved for guests. I think that it is a hard habit to break especially because I know that the people living with me are very clumsy. Within a few weeks, they will manage to break the good plates.

Whitewolf2578

Yeah I am not touching any of those as they are like over a hundred years old. Why would I use expensive priceless china when I could just use a plain old cup. It doesn't seem logical! What say you? Ah. Spartans, prepare for glory!

Muthoni

Okay I see your point, are you telling me that you will never use the fine china? If you do not use it then who will? Are you sure they will treasure it as much as you do or will they sell it at the first moment when you are not present? Just asking.

bala

I really didn't understand the title,but looking at the comments gave me an idea.In our country,our motto is "athithi devo bhava",meaning Guest is god,in an incarnation.
We make sure the guests are well treated and it has been so since ages.Our culture drives us to do the same.

Just asking..is that what we are discussing about..can't seem to get a hold of this.