Convicted murderer escapes from IL jail

Rainman

How did the convicted murderer if he was locked up in a cell able to overpower a prison guard? Was the prison guard so naive that he had to go really close to this man's cell and expect that he wouldn't "try anything?"

Considering the fact that "Kamron T. Taylor . . . has a history of escape attempts" wasn't the guard supposed to be extra-vigilant?

hellonamesdan

Yes, I'd love to know how he managed to do that. It seems like way too simple of an escape. I really hope that he is found before he hurts someone, and that the guard that allowed him to get away is fired immediately!

Gabe

I'm wondering how he stole the uniform and SUV. He must have had it planned. He could have, as in the films stolen the guards clothes, but how would he get keys to the SUV and know which one it was? Sounds as if they was some inside information and knowledge to this story.

JoanMcWench

It's not a shock. Especially considering this prison. There's actually a lot of escaped prisoners who are not recovered. Recently, in Chicago they thought that would be a great story to accompany this one. Speaking of all the unrecoverable convicts. Genius.

Gabe

It sounded as if he had inside knowledge as I said, otherwise how would know where to find the keys and the cars. She would have told him where to look and the times when people patrol. He's now made it worse for himself and this is what happens when cuts are made, when people are forced to do double shifts, they are less alert and it's too much for them and mistakes and slip ups happen.

Patrick

Looks like some IL facilities are in need of a serious security review. There are prison breaks now and then but this seemed to be a solo effort, how he got by guards and so many levels of supposed security is baffling.

JoanMcWench

Even more good news: They've connected his relative to his escaped. Seemed she was formerly employed by the prison & allegedly helped him know the guards schedules in order to escape.