Couple Arrested After Meth Lab Explosion

Onthemark

attachment.php

Florida authorities have arrested two people after a suspected methamphetamine lab exploded Wednesday.

George Wiggins, 25, and Laura Wiggins, 23, and their 8-month-old baby were in the home at the time of the explosion. The incident happened around 11:30 a.m. in the 1200 block of 10th Street in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Officials say the people inside of the home allegedly used a fire extinguisher to manufacture the meth, which exploded. The deputies discovered “…a fire extinguisher that had been blown apart and a clear bottle containing a crystalline substance…†which are obvious signs of meth activity, according to Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

The deputies also found Wiggins “…in the shower with his clothes on, trying to rinse a chemical burn from his eyes.â€

The couple and the eight-month old baby, along with two deputies were were treated for possible chemical exposures at Halifax Health Medical Center and then released.

George Wiggins and Laura Wiggins were then arrested and booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail. They are being held without bond pending their first court appearance.

Officials say the baby is now being cared for by a family member.

[video=youtube_share;Z52P7_GZEyc]http://youtu.be/Z52P7_GZEyc[/video]

Attachments

• GeorgeLauraArrested.jpg
    GeorgeLauraArrested.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2,615
Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy2

That they could run a manufacturing plant in their house oblivious of the danger posed to their infant is just irresponsible.Am glad that none was seriously injured but i hope they get to pay for their crimes.Such kind of activity should not be encouraged especially in residential neighborhoods.

timelord731

Why is it always these kinds of people that decided to procreate? It never seems to end well for anybody, but especially disrupts a child's life.

Gelsemium

How sad it is to see young people doing the wrong kind of entrepreneurship, they could be giving another direction to their lives...

donnalynn47

That poor little baby. These people are sad I mean really, why don't they just leave that mess alone. I hope the baby is okay, for the parents they are where they belong.

Onionman

I feel very sorry for that poor child. That's not a life to grow up into. This just sounds like a bad episode of Breaking Bad!

tanker

People who are criminals are never too concerned with safety or other people. They could have destroyed the entire neighborhood. It is fortunate there was not a fire and it didn't spread. I am sure the baby girl will be better off with adopted parents.

RingoBerry

People like that have no business being parents. I pity the children needing to deal with people like that raising them.

westmixxin

Wow it seems like every person that runs a meth lab is also on meth what is the about? I don’t get why people are so drawn to this drug.

dolittle94

This couple is so retarded, I don't feel sorry for them at all and I want to laugh at the fact that their little operation literally backfired on them! I do, however, hold concern for the baby that was being raised and exposed to this environment. I just hope that the relatives are nothing like these two bumbling idiots.

hellonamesdan

This reminds me of that episode of Private Practice where Dell's wife Heather is cooking meth in their apartment while he's at work and their house blows up. She's basically completely covered in third degree burns though and eventually dies from it and their daughter was also in the house, which makes it even more dangerous. If you're going to do this, just make sure that no one else is going to be in danger god forbid something like this were to happen in the process of you making these completely idiotic choices.

thegrey1

Of course there was a baby! There's always a baby, a couple of kids and a dog! I am sick of these low-lifes endangering children so they can fuel their addictions! If you're too stupid or high to use birth control, give the kids away! As soon as they get out of jail, the "family member" will probably give the baby back to them!

mairj23

These two idiots could have gotten that baby killed by their stupidity. Meth is a highly explosive substance because of all the chemical involved in making it. They should be charged with attempted manslaughter, for their stupidity along with possession of illegal drugs.

oraclemay

They should be charged and not allowed near that baby again. Surely they can be put away for a number of years for manufacturing meth? It is truly amazing and very disconcerting to see the things the young people are getting up to today.

On what planet is it OK to manufacture something in a high pressure device like a fire extinguisher, especially a substance that is know for its volatility, in a dwelling with a child in it? Granted, even without a child in it. But with your own child? Are you that deluded at your own potency as a human being or your expertise as a chemist that you think this is OK? Really? Where do these people come from?

spongesamfunpants

Stories like these make me so angry. I can't believe people can be so cruel to endanger the life of an innocent child! For what? To get high. That is so pathetic. If people know they are drug addicts, and know they smoke meth, shoot up, pop pills, are alcoholic, why can they not just take their child to a relatives home, hospital, or even near by adoption center, and tell them to take their child because they are unfit parents.

Why make an innocent child suffer along with you? I wish people were more responsible and less selfish. I hope that baby is okay and is with someone that will actually take care of it.

PrideKidd

I can not believe they would cook meth with a baby in the house let alone cook it at all. I can understand being a drug addict since I was one myself at one point but "cooking" meth? and around a child? I believe they should go away for a long time and the baby put in foster care or the care of a responsible caring adult. If you want to go down a dark road that is your choice but do not bring your child in to your mess.

thomas pendrake

I have known a number of people who have had the misfortune to become involved with this stuff (a creation on NAZI Germany). Besides being deadly, the illicit manufacture of Meth is very dangerous, resulting in numerous deaths (the substance itself is deadly, and can produce behavior which results in the death of innocent people). Even the legitimate drugs from which it is derived are dangerous.

I hope that the child is okay. Why would parents involve the children into their dangerous acts? I don't think that the child should ever go back to the custody of the parents. I hope that after this incident the parents learn from their lesson and get their act up.