Couple Charged After Video Shows Baby Putting Gun In Mouth

Onthemark

attachment.php

An Indiana couple faces charges after police said they found cellphone videos showing the woman’s one-year-old girl putting a handgun in her mouth.

Evansville police discovered the videos after a 19-year-old man was arrested for trying to sell a handgun to an undercover officer he met online.

Authorities say the video was found during what police called a “follow-up investigation.†While officers looked through Barnes’ phone, they found the video of the little girl putting a gun in her mouth.

Authorities believe the adult voices heard in the background are Barnes and the girl's mother, Toni Wilson, 22.

In the video you can hear the adults encourage the toddler to play with the weapon and say "pow".
“The video also shows the child placing the muzzle of the gun in her mouth. At no point does Barnes try to stop the child from playing with the gun,†police said.

[video=youtube_share;49o9ocl0JTA]http://youtu.be/49o9ocl0JTA[/video]

According to officials, the mother told police the gun was actually an unloaded pellet gun. Police say the gun’s magazine seems to be removed, however it’s not clear if there were any bullets in the chamber.

Barnes and Wilson face charges including child neglect, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, and allowing a child to possess a firearm.

Barnes is also facing charges for resisting law enforcement with a weapon, carrying a handgun without a permit, and carrying a handgun without a permit within 500 feet of a school.

Authorities say the one-year-old girl and one-month-old twins were removed from the home and were placed in emergency care.

Attachments

• BarnesandWilson.jpg
    BarnesandWilson.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,313
Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

Well apparently they found it amusing. I believe it is sadistic. Play gun, real gun whatever. This kind of stuff is going to get stacked up on the news. "what appears to be a real gun"
The police can't believe what they got the kid to do. I don't agree with what this guy did with his girlfriend's daughter. (he is not the father) I will say that this kind of thing has been going on for decades. There have been tons of people that teach their kids all sorts of things like this. Guns, plastic swords, boxing gloves, whatever. Kids put toys in their mouth this is what they do. Putting it on video and bragging about it. This is dumb, but in the privacy of ones home. There is a grey area with this one. These two look like wanna-be gangsters and guess this what these kind of people do. Teach their kids to kill. I have certainly seen plenty of kids playing with toy weapons pretending to kill each other. I don't know.

Muthoni

There should be an age limit when someone can have a baby. These are kids taking care of a child. They thought that it was fun for their daughter to put a gun in her mouth. I hope that they are helped so that they can be able to become responsible parents in the future. It would be so sad if they never saw their daughter again.

Gelsemium

Ouch, so they give the gun for the baby to play? I am imagining that they amuse themselves watching it... What a danger!

Onionman

That's all pretty disturbing. How the think it's remotely funny to film a gun playing with a gun is beyond me. Putting the gun in its mouth is bad, but playing with it in the first place is where I've got the issue. It's simply not acceptable behavior.

missbishi

Why was the child allowed to get hold of the gun in the first place? Either they had left it lying around, or they had actually given it to her! Completely irresponsible and I am glad they are being brought to task over it.

caparica007

What's wrong with people these days, allowing a kid to play with a gun? What if the kid one day gets a loaded gun?

JulianWilliams

Well, at least nobody got shot this time, but the sort of negligence some people expose their kids to these days is absolutely shocking. I am wondering what the correct course of action for this situation should be... should their kid be taken away from them and given to some family members? Surely that could be a better option than risking his life by leaving him in the "care" of such individuals.

oraclemay

Is there any way we can stop these crazy people from having children. They should not be allowed to have any! I hope the baby has been removed from there care.

tanker

What's wrong with people these days, allowing a kid to play with a gun? What if the kid one day gets a loaded gun?

You read my thoughts. The couple looks like they are stone on drugs or something. I am happy I am an old fart to be honest.

jeremy2

The level of ignorance exhibited by some parents is simply amazing.Who allows his/her kids to play with a gun,loaded or not? I think the gun control act should be amended to reign in on this type of parents/guardians who don't seem to have the slightest clue on the safety of their children.

mairj23

They should lock the both of these idiots up immediately. Negligence is a major reason why so many people get killed, but they seem to get off and beat the charges. More laws should be put into place for negligent people, which would cut down on a lot of accidents. Hold these people accountable for there silly actions.