Craigslist baby snatch

Gabe

I've never used Craigslist, but this really can deter you. A pregnant woman in Colorado saw an advert and went over to look at buying baby clothes. She was then beaten and stabbed and the baby was cut out of her. The suspect faces multiple charges of attempted murder and assault. An autopsy is determining when the baby died, because if it did breathe then she faces murder charges for the baby too. The suspect had been trying for another baby. It's sad how desperate people can get.

BBC News - Craigslist attack: Unborn child taken from pregnant woman

There are some crazy dangerous people on Craigslist and cons and scams still happen and is it worth the risk by answering an ad?

Patrick

Wow, what a crazy woman. I hope she is locked up for good if psychiatric treatments fail.

Rainman

If someone is so desperate to have a baby of their own why can't they adopt? Or could it be they don't meet the eligibility requirements? That person is an idiot too, to imagine that they could just cut out an unborn baby believing that the baby would survive. Babies born prematurely need special care for them to live, did this escape this woman's mind?

I wonder though why people never learn. They've heard of people being murdered when responding to Craiglist ads obviously but they'd rather embrace the false thought that they'll be OK dealing with other Craiglist psychos?

Gabe

There are so many scams on Craigslist, jobs, apartments and psychos. I steer clear.

In this case the woman told her husband that she had a miscarriage so he took her and the baby to hospital and left the dying woman in the basement. She already has two children so who knows whether they were her husbands or whether she wanted the baby to save the relationship? She was also trained as a nurse so it seemed premeditated as she knew how to perform the procedure too. It was only at the hospital when she refused to let doctors examine her she confessed, because they would have known she had not miscarried.

thegrey1

I have never used Craigslist. I have heard too much creepy stuff. This is a horrible story! I don't care how upset this loon was over not having a baby! She knew it was wrong to cut a baby out of its mother!

missbishi

Reading this article, it looks as though the attacker had let her husband think she was pregnant. Maybe it was a last-ditch effort to get him to stay, who knows? She clearly needs to be placed in an institution. I only hope the poor woman who was attacked is able to rebuild her life at some point, I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling right now.

Profit5500

I've never used Craigslist, but this really can deter you. A pregnant woman in Colorado saw an advert and went over to look at buying baby clothes. She was then beaten and stabbed and the baby was cut out of her. The suspect faces multiple charges of attempted murder and assault. An autopsy is determining when the baby died, because if it did breathe then she faces murder charges for the baby too. The suspect had been trying for another baby. It's sad how desperate people can get.

BBC News - Craigslist attack: Unborn child taken from pregnant woman

There are some crazy dangerous people on Craigslist and cons and scams still happen and is it worth the risk by answering an ad?
Yes there are lots of crazy people who would not hesitate in luring you into a kill spot. I would constantly question and look up my sources or things you find on Craigslist. That poor woman had her unborn child taken from her which I have heard people snatching unborn babies from pregnant women before.

sillylucy

It really saddens me when I hear these types of stories. I wish that woman wouldn't have went into that home alone. Always meet in a public place! Never meet someone from online in a private setting. She put herself and her baby in danger all for a good deal on baby clothes!

Gabe

What I find dreadful is that it seems to have been premeditated as she had the instruments to hand to perform the removal. I am always suspicious of any personal ads and I hope people are more careful, it's dangerous inviting people into your home as well as going to a stranger's house. Always have someone in the house with you and always take some one with you if you are going to a house. It's the same when you visit properties to rent or buy as that can be dangerous too.

dyanmarie25

That's really scary and very traumatic for the woman. I have heard a lot of horror stories about Craigslist. Never trust that site.

kana_marie

Banned
I've read about other cases where the woman had told her family and friends that she was pregnant when she wasn't. She faked going through the entire pregnancy and then, when it came down to delivery time, she either had to fess up or find a baby, any baby, to show everyone. It's some really psychotic stuff! I have bought and sold off of Craigslist and never had any issues. I still say better safe than sorry, though. I wouldn't let anyone I care about go to someone's house alone like that.

Whitewolf2578

Yeah....I have never ever used Craigslist. But that is a horrible story. The person that did that deserves to be fried at the chair, because anyone that would ever be so sick to cut an unborn child out of another human deserves to die.

Diane Lane

I have used Craigslist in the past. It used to be good, many years ago, but I'm very cautious about using it these days. I have started using Facebook groups instead, since at least then, I can backtrack the person's account, and see if s/he appears legitimate. I listed some furniture a while back, and all I got was scam replies, so I've stopped using it.

I was just talking to my Mom yesterday & mentioned this story to her. She hadn't heard about it, but mentioned that my Brother has had good luck, and that they'll be selling some items in the near future, and will use Craigslist *sigh*.

Our police station has begun to have their lobby open to people who are selling items from Craigslist or the online rummage sales from Facebook, and I think it's a good idea. I've used both for many transactions and never had any trouble, but then I always go with someone, let people know exactly where I'm going, etc. For small items meet in public places, but I've bought furniture and for that, you have to go to someone's house. Best to take more than one person with you, and have someone kind of standing near the car with a cell phone while two others go in to look.

Onionman

I wouldn't blame Craigslist itself. It's simply a listings provider and attracts all sorts of people. Unfortunately there are enough crazy people out there, and this story clearly shows that determined people will do determined things regardless of the environment.

Gabe

I wouldn't blame Craigslist itself. It's simply a listings provider and attracts all sorts of people. Unfortunately there are enough crazy people out there, and this story clearly shows that determined people will do determined things regardless of the environment.

It's not Craigslist's fault, but it seems to attract crazy people. Even with local ads and also freecycle there is an element of trust or to sign up the site has to know your real details, whereas on Craigslist many details are withheld.

I think this suspect used Craigslist and maybe other sites to target people and she may have seen several mothers before deciding to act.

Gelsemium

Ouch, we never know what we will find so when doing this sort of transactions nothing like doing them in a public place and go with someone, never go alone!!