Do you remember your dreams?

headmaster

As a child I seemed to remember all my dreams in the morning. Now, many years later I have a recollection of having had a number of dreams, but cannot recall what they were about. Is this a symptom of one’s brain aging or should I resist the urge for my daily nightcup?

dolittle94

If I think about my dream right after I open my eyes, then yes, I can remember my dreams, and in full detail too. I use to write them in a dream journal, but I have no clue where that thing is now. The funny thing is, after I recall my dream just after waking up it's really easy to remember. For instance, most of the dreams I've had as a kid, and all of the dreams in my journal are as easy as a recent memory to recall.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I remember most of my dreams, and they often feel like movie marathons. When I was twelve years old, I had a dream that continued for three months. Every night it just picked up where it left off. As an adult, I realized that I incorporate things into my dreams. For instance, if the television is playing a horror film while I am sleeping, I will dream I am being chased. Sometimes I am semi-conscious and can control my dreams, but many are quite exciting and I have used them as inspiration to write my novels.

Muthoni

I remember some dreams that are strange. I once dreamt about a frog and I still remember it vividly up to date. My mom had given me a large toad and told me to make sure that it does not get out of its cage. I went to run an errand and the frog escaped. My mom came over to help me look for the frog; I woke up seated on the bed looking for the toad.

Patrick

I can vaguely remember my dreams in the morning after just waking up. However I tend to forget them by the next day. I know that many other people experience this, and some attempt to record their dreams after waking up in the dream diary. However I have not done so, and do not know what possible effects this might have on your mind. :confused:

missamanda819

It's about 50/50 with me. Sometimes, I will wake up from a dream and remember it very clearly. Other times, the next day, something will be said or done and trigger the memory of the dream. I'm sure that I dream a lot more than I remember. That's probably the case for most people, I'd assume.

I do remember one dream, in particular, from childhood as clear as day. It was a scary dream, the devil came up through my floor. Craziness - I'd like to forget that one. Lol

januz101

I guess no one in here really remember what their dreams are the morning after they wake up. I don't really recall in full details what my dream was, specially nightmares. Science has an explanation for this unfortunately I can't give you an answer because I'm not a person with these knowledge.

shreklock

Sometimes few minutes after waking up I wonder what the hell I was about. I think I don't even have nightmares anymore. Though it could be that I don't remember a thing about it after waking up.

Determined2014

There was a period of time in my life where I could not remember a thing from my dreams, then I started paying close attention to them, as soon as I get up I try to rewind to what I was dreaming about and that helps me remember my dreams, this days I do remember most of my dreams.

Gin0710

Usually. Sometimes I don't remember the dream I just remember how it made me feel. Other times my dreams are so vivid I swear I'm entering another world when I sleep. Huh...maybe I am!

megankl

Yes, I usually remember my dreams. I love being able to remember my dreams but for some reason I normally forget whatever it is I dream about at the end of the day. And it seems that whenever I want to remember what it was I dream about, I cant. But when it wasn't a great dream and I don't care for it, I always remember.

jeremy2

I also have dreams but i will wake up in the morning trying to recollect what they were all about. If i wake up soon after having a particular dream, i will most likely have a vivid recollection as compared to if the dream occurred in the dead of the night.

btripp2

I generally remember my dreams. Though I do remember a recurring dream that I have had but haven't had recently. I remember being in the parking lot on a bad side of town. I was with a guy that I believed I loved. And we hugged goodbye and he went to a store, but on his way to the store he was shot. And I cried and ran inside the store with some others and I was shot as well but I looked down at my stomach and then woke up. I haven't had that dream in a couple of years though.

ally79

I have very vivid dreams most of the time and usually I remember them in detail. I actually get very frustrated when I have dreams that I can't remember.

bala

Trust me,some of them even came true.Especially the ones that we dream about in the mornings.it did seem more than a mere co-incidence of sorts.I remember most of my dreams though.They mostly are all funny..or wacky.

Nate5

No, generally not. I've tried to keep a dream journal a while back to get some lucid dreaming action. Unfortunately it was really hard to make it a habit. However, there are some that leave an impression, but there are very few of them and other things take up my mind after a while.

cc1001

I remember some dreams vividly while others I cannot remember. There was a time I would take my dream too seriously because I have had some come true. I don't worry about the dream as much. The brain is so complex. I tried to write my dream down so I could remember them. Dreaming is important for humans. It helps our brains sort things out.

leahcim132

I always wanted to be a cop but due to my physical disability, I really can't. Other than that, I always wanted to create my own video game so I got that going for me!

primalclaws1974

It is interesting that you bring this up. I used to recall 3-5 dreams a night (I have always had fitful sleep). At 40 I remember a dream when I first wake up, but soon forget it. I have kept dream journals in the past, and when I reread it, I vividly remember them. These days I seem less interested in my dreams. Do you still have an interest in your dreams?

Muthoni

[FONT=&quot]I had answered this thread previously; I just want to add to it. Recently, I have been dreaming about me living in the village very often. I remember the dreams vividly when I wake up. This is not a good thing because dreams are created in the spirit world. We are spirit beings. When I wake up in the middle of the night I pray and cancel the dream so that it does not manifest in real life. Allow me take this opportunity to silence every voice calling me in the village.[/FONT]