Do you watch the news every day?

bala

If you had asked me a couple of years back i would have surely told YES but right now with technology at the tip of my hands i really don't feel the need to watch the news as we did earlier.A short update would do and gone are those days when i had the perception NEWS channels offered unbiased views.

dariel2323

I usually watch news every day, because I like to be informed. I like to see good news, but unfortunately in this world there are no good news. I like to stay informed and know everything that is happening in the world.

calebmelvern

A couple of years ago, I used to watch the news every day. But when I started working, I hardly every watch TV anymore. What I do is read news in various news portals online. Sometimes I find this better because I get irritated with all the "fillers" in TV news.

Gin0710

Sometimes too much that it makes me paranoid. I hate how anchors use hysteria and trigger words to make people think and feel a certain way. I'd rather read the newspaper.

Onionman

I watch quite a lot of news, though I really think I need to cut back on it as it rarely leaves me with a warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards. I think I should also watch different news channels so that specific biases of mine don't keep getting reaffirmed.

missamanda819

I try to avoid the news, if possible. It'll depress you and make you paranoid. I sometimes tune into the weather, but that's it for the most part. Me watching it isn't so bad. It was when my kids would happen to hear/watch something and started asking me questions and worrying, that I knew we had to make sure it wasn't on in our home. I know it's sad, but I don't want them scared to go outside. I want them to be aware, but not paranoid. Shoot, I want to be aware and not paranoid. I know there is a lot of good that comes on, but to me - it doesn't outweigh the bad.

megankl

I leave the news on my TV 24/7. Literally. I love to be up to date on all the breaking news going on around me and following all of the "interesting" news stories. I only get the news channels and basic channels on my TV since I refuse to pay large amounts for my cable bill when you can see everything online in today's world. But I am quite content with my news channels being on 24/7. I have learnt unique traits about all the news reporters and I enjoy listening to all of them for various reasons!

wameyo

I do watch the news everyday. I'm the curious type and the news satisfies my curiosity. Plus it's good to know what is happening around you. There could be an outbreak of a serious disease in your town and you aren't aware!

dolittle94

Sadly, I don't watch the news everyday. In fact, I don't really watch the news at all. The only time that I really pay attention to what's happening in the news is when I see it online and it peaks my interest, or if friends or family mention something and then I'll look it up. I know I should pay better attention, but I can't help it.

maxprime94

I really don't mind having the news channel on. I am a student and live on my own but can only afford a basic channel package so this is what I get. News, news and more news... Maybe a french channel here and there. I've realized though that I am a lot more aware of the world I live in then ever before, it's kind of scary. lol

Josie

I can't stand watching the news. I don't even read the paper anymore. A while back, I decided to cut things from my life which made me feel sadness or anger etc and the news is up there. The news is very manipulative and full of horror stories. I don't need to scare myself or worry constantly because of what the media decides I should know. The most important things will always make it's way to me. I'm not missing out on anything. I like the happy stuff and it always makes it's way to me too.

Gabe

I watch or read the news at least once a day, because I think it's important to know what is going on. When the 7/7 bombings happened in London I was away on my way back to London an dif I hadn't switched on the news I wouldn't have known what was going on as all the phone lines were down. Some days it's depressing, but that is real life and how humans have developed society.