Ebola outbreak fear.

headmaster

I live in Africa so I guess I should be really scared of a contagious hemorrhagic fever outbreak in my continent. But everyday I get this feeling that the whole world needs to seat up and worry about the trend of this plague. Its death rate is 90%, so if you do the math things are not looking good for us all.

Whitewolf2578

I live on the West Coast of California, I wouldn't be worried about it at all just because I do not dear death. I am only 30, but if I died from some stupid disease I would be good with that. They will contain it, it is already being contained in the states, I do know that.

helaofthenorns

I live in the Philippines so that is pretty far from your country. I am not at all that worried because we have medical facilities here. I think that Ebola spread in Africa because of lack of health services. I hope that you do not get it though.

Determined2014

I have faith that it will be contained, Africa is not that far behind , that they will be defeated to contain it, its just the fact that, they realized when it was alittle too late, otherwise they would have been able to contain it and so far I believe they are trying their best to contain it.

jaygee

There's a reason to be scared. It's a very scary disease. Lots of people here in the US were angry when the CDC brought victims here to treat them because they were afraid it might not be contained properly. I am so sorry for you and the people in Africa that are having to go through this. But as far as I know, Ebola hasn't spread to the entire continent yet and hopefully it will be contained and not spread.

headmaster

Thanks for the support. I will barricade myself if it comes into our country, but hopefully it will be contained.

headmaster

Ebola is not just 'some stupid disease'. You die from hemorrhaging your insides through every orifice you have. You can't even have your loved ones at your bedside to be with you because of the risk and death is not quick. My main fear is the likelihood of the virus mutating into an airborne version.

bala

it indeed is a scary disease with its high death rate and other stuffs,but i should also say,it was you guys who brought it on within you.Africa didn't respond to the help,the quarantine centers.I am not sounding pessimistic here,but you only have yourselves to blame for all that has happened,but on the contrary i really hope you guys stay safe,and that ebola vanishes off the face of this earth.

askanison

Take care of yourself Headmaster. I can't imagine living somewhere where medical care isn't readily available. I hope we will not have anymore problems here in the states, but Africa looks to be getting hit very hard by the outbreak and it doesn't seem to be slowing. I think we should all say a small pray for the people who are in country's where the outbreak is at it's worst. Hang in there brother.

olivia

It is definitely scary, especially for people in Africa. I'm in the United States, so I am not particularly worried about a huge outbreak here, although I know some people are. It is definitely good to be aware of what's going on and to take precautions. However, I have heard that one of the worst parts of this fear of ebola here is that people who don't have it but think they might are filling up hospitals and taking space from people who need it. Sometimes the fear is necessary, but other times it can just unnecessary problems.

Patrick

For now, Ebola, although extremely virulent, can only be transmitted by close contact. However...

There already is a mutation of the ebolavirus genus that's been forced in lab procedures to become airborne, but fortunately it's not shown to be a pathogen to humans, though it is for monkeys.

Source:Wikipedia, Reston virus

This is worrying. The possibility of airborne transmission would lead to exponential increase in the number of cases.

DancingLady

I have heard there is a drug that has helped. I know it's early and may not save everyone, but at least there is some hope that they are on the right track to finding cure, or at least a treatment that can decrease the mortality rate.

js85

It is a very scary thing, and I'm glad the US is looking at it very seriously. I hope the whole world can come together and try to minimize the threat in Africa, if not eliminate it.

shreklock

This is some terrifying disease. Every country should unite to try yo find a cure. It's a major danger to everyone, I don't know why the world isn't cooperating.

stevesxs9

Everyone should be concerned and take every precaution. Especially when you think of the Texas Hospital misdiagnosed Thomas Duncan and sent him home two days before they finally isolated him. And that turned out to be fatal for him.

soconfused

I'm currently in Pakistan (no known cases here yet), but my family is back in America on the East coast. I'm extremely worried here, even though my parents don't seem to care at all. Just hoping everyone stays safe and we are able to come out with a cheap and easily accessible cure for this monster.

DancingLady

I am definitely concerned for the economic impact this disease could have. Even if the outbreak does not spread far, it could be devastating for the travel and hospitality industry if people are afraid to travel because they are afraid of being exposed on a plane or something.

shreklock

Everyone should be concerned and take every precaution. Especially when you think of the Texas Hospital misdiagnosed Thomas Duncan and sent him home two days before they finally isolated him. And that turned out to be fatal for him.

Indeed, people should concentrate on not only curing the disease, but also have a method of quickly diagnosing it. Maybe a way to prevent it (without using hazmat suits)?