Favorite classic cop show

Gabe

As a child I loved CHiPs as it was a great show and the original Hawaii Five-O. These were the days of innocence and where the good guys always won. I liked Cagney and Lacey, the Streets of San Fransisco and Starskey and Hutch. These show always made the police look good and also made the public fee safe too. Most of these shows were in the 70s and 80s, compared to shows these days like Law & Order which I enjoy, which are more violent and show more corruption. I prefer the old shows. If you remember that far back, which do you prefer?

JoanMcWench

I guess this is now considered a classic (which i s weird & kind of depressing) but I would watch NYPD Blue back in the day. It was the first time they pushed the envelope & showed so much booty.

bala

NCIS is a really fantastic cop show. They do great job combining drama and crime with quirky funny team interaction. All the characters have really great chemistry.white collar. Rizzoli and isles seems good and gets good reviews

stevesxs9

I like Law and order. I'm intrigued by the fact the police investigates the crime and gathers the evidence for the prosecution to try the case. I also Like Criminal minds because they come up with a profile of the kidnapper, serial killer, serial rapist, or serial arsonist. And from that profile, it helps them and the local authorities, capture the perpetrator(s).

Rainman

I don't know if The Thin Blue Line qualifies as a serious cop show. Anyone watch that show? It was a sitcom so technically it wouldn't be classified as cop show but it was set in a police station and that's probably the reason why it confuses me. However if it can called a cop show since it has got cops, it is my favorite cop show. Who said a cop show can't be funny? Police officers have a sense of humor too.

jesuslover0314

I love the original Hawaii Five-O's! They are such amazing shows, but now I really love the cops series. I enjoy watching those and see what cops truly have to deal with throughout their career. It's a great experience.

Gabe

NCIS is a really fantastic cop show. They do great job combining drama and crime with quirky funny team interaction. All the characters have really great chemistry.white collar. Rizzoli and isles seems good and gets good reviews

NCIS is a favorite of mine, but more because of Mark Harmon. The spin offs are okay, but the original is the best. The characters are the most important and when characters leave they need to replace them with better ones or at least listen to the public. Only when the public likes a character or actor does a series become successful, and these days it can make or break a show.

GlacialDoom

Hawaii Five-O for me. I don't watch it anymore, but I still have the theme song stuck in my head after all the time spent watching it. That goddamned drum roll...