FL Woman Spreads Mothballs On Driveway

Anthony

Super Moderator
drivewaymothballs.jpg
Residents in one Jacksonville, Florida community say they're tired with an annoying and smelly situation.
Neighbors on Spurline Drive South say a woman places hundreds of mothballs on her driveway.
The homeowner claims it's to repel animals from defecating in her yard. She also said that she has no intentions of cleaning up. The neighbors argue it's absurd and they believe it is a health hazard.
"It started off with just a few and now it's got over four hundred or more," Dana Nicol said. "She drives back and forth and crushes them up with her car to make them stink even more."
Another neighbor, Kim Bristol, said she filed a complaint with the city. She claims the neighbor is causing a health hazard.
"I've talked to nearby neighbors and we're suffering symptoms from the mothballs," said Bristol. "Respiratory, coughing, headaches and it's not just adults. It's also affecting the children. My own children included, Bristol added."
Town officials said they sent an inspector to visit the property October 23 and the investigation is ongoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SF13

Well, they can make you feel nauseated, but mostly they are just annoying. I know a lot of people who swear that they keep snakes and other things away.. but all I know they get rid of are moths.

Gelsemium

I agree that it's a health hazard, and if the inspector is about to visit the property I am pretty sure this will come to an end soon.

warmweatherwoman

I read nowhere that moth balls can cause any serious health hazards. And if the woman is using it to avoid animals from defecating on her lawn- it makes me wonder do the neighbors allow their dogs, etc to do just that- and maybe she is tired of it. There is always three sides to ever story, his, hers and the truth. I hope they get to the bottom of it.

headmaster

That situation sounds both like a health hazard and 'neighbor from hell' situation. We are social creatures who live in cities quite close to each other and if everybody did what they thought was right without restriction, there would be anarchy. I feel for her neighbors and something should be done about it by the relevant authorities.

Gelsemium

So true, we need to be lucky with our neighbors, we will never know who is going to be living next door and what sort of actions will they have.

Muthoni

This is a perfect story of how crazy people can get. Woe unto these neighbors because they have a crazy person living within their midst. Have you ever noticed that a crazy person does not see sense? I have a crazy neighbor myself so I sympathize with these people exposed to all these mothballs. I hope that they are able to find a workable solution.

Sweetheart

Florida. I wonder what she thinks this does. Maybe she is being spiteful or she's got some moth ball fetish. Preserving her driveway with mothballs, Lol, maybe she knows something we don't. I love how people automatically want to report something. Why not just go over to her and ask her why she has the moth balls out?