Florida Mom Allegedly Tasered Son

Onthemark

attachment.php

A Florida mother has been arrested and will face child abuse charges after she allegedly tased her teenage son.

Police charged 54-year-old Rhonda Gulsen last Friday with third-degree felony child abuse.

The alleged attack happened at the grandparents home around 4p.m. An argument started after the 15-year-old boy, the victim, asked his mother “why are you looking at me like that†prompting her to yell at her son and call him a “motherf*****.â€

The aunt began striking the boy in the head and body multiple times, according to the Flagler County Sheriff's Office. Meanwhile, the mother began 'egging on' the aunt and telling her to 'beat him'. Several minutes later, as the confrontation continued, the boy was tasered by his mother outside the house.

The grandparents told police they really believe his mother is a danger to the boy, not only physically but emotionally. They also informed police that Gulsen has threatened to kill her son in the past.

Police say the victim suffered two burn marks to his left arm after being tased.

According to authorities, the Department of Children and Family has been notified and arranged for the 15-year-old boy to be placed with the grandparents.

The aunt has since gone back to New York where she lives. It wasn't clear if she would be facing charges.

Gulsen has since been released from prison after she posted $2,500 for bail. A court date has not yet been scheduled.

Attachments

• RhondaGulsen.jpg
    RhondaGulsen.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,962
Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy2

It very clear that mother and son don't enjoy a cordial relationship.For the mother to hurl such evil insults to her son speaks volume about the lack of respect and love that ought to exist between the two of them.The law should be allowed to follow its course and whoever is found guilty should be punished.

RingoBerry

The aunt deserves to be charged too but the mother definitely deserves a heavier punishment. Children are never born bad, if she despised how her son grew up to be she has no one else to blame but herself.

Onionman

What a crazy little world that child is going to have to get away from. Attacking your own child like that is just not on. Mother and aunt need to face punishment.

donnalynn47

The mother has some issues with her son. It sounds to me as if both her, and the aunt which I guess is her sister. Probably suffered abuse as children. This is a never ending cycle in some families. The boy who is now 15 has probably been a victim of mental as well as physical abuse all his life. This is all to often the case in American families.

westmixxin

I have never heard of ah mother using electricity to hurt ah child this has to be ah first. I don’t get how this could of happened.

thegrey1

Gee I wonder why the 15 year old son had a smart mouth? I hear parents cursing at their children all the time, and I just wonder how we, as a culture, became so degraded! How could you ever call your own son a name like that, and how could you even dream of using a taser on him? It defies explanation!

Gabe

I didn't even know you could buy a taser. What happened to the old fashioned grounding, taking away phones, video games? Those still work, but it seems the family have different methods of discipline and they are illegal ones.

oraclemay

There are so many people out there who would give anything to be a parent, while those that have children abuse them! What kind of mother is this? It sounds like this boy did nothing, but ask a question. This then caused him to be baten and then tasered! What next?

May102014

I think she has a parental issue because she cannot handle her son at times like that and instead, because of her anger, all she think she will do is to hit her son and even use taser to try to discipline him. In fact, parents should avoid beating his children just because of being stubborn or anything, even using things that could harm the child and that is against the law. Children need proper care and attention and that's what parents should do.

Strykstar

I wonder what's going through her head to do something like that, it's no wonder if the kid grows up a bit messed up, what kind of an example is this mother?

The mother should never get custody of the child. She hurt the son and even threatened to kill him? I think that is going too far. I hope that the child is safe with the grandparents.

Clairelouise84

What sick and evil women, why would you do this? It is truly horrendous when a child is hurt, but it makes it so much worse when the people hurting them are the ones that are supposed to protect them.

katherine25

I agree, the mother is clearly sick and evil and definitely deserves a heavier punishment than what she got. The aunt also should be charged for abuse as she is the one who started this whole thing. I really hope the grandparents can do better by their grandson and provide him a healthier happy lifestyle he deserves. No child/teenager should ever have to endure that kind of cruelty, especially from their own mother!

Whitewolf2578

This is crazy, I am glad the kid is alright. Though he was 15 at that age you couldn't possibly do that kind of stuff to me, I would have drop kicked both of them. No parent or family member should ever touch their child like that. Take your psycho energy out on the wall.