Holder: Ferguson Police Shooting 'repugnant'

Onthemark

Attorney General Eric Holder condemned the shootings of two police officers outside the Ferguson police department, calling it a "pure ambush" and the act of a "damn punk." He also announced a pilot program aimed at curbing racial bias.

[video]https://youtu.be/AP9NTANoGd0[/video]

DancingLady

Curbing racial violence is going to take more than a program. You can't change people's minds just by setting up programs to try to talk them into thinking differently. People have to decide for themselves to let go of racial issues in their own mind and see all people as people.

The situation there has really gotten out of hand though, and I certainly feel bad for everyone who is in a position of authority. It's so hard when you are expected to keep order and yet there is nothing your can really do to prevent things like this when they happen without warning.

thegrey1

I wish that the powers that be, Obama, Holder, Sharpton,etc. would STOP stirring up racial hatred among the minority population, and then acting SO shocked when white people are attacked! When do we get our heads out of the sand and see these race-baiters for what they are?

May102014

I agree with the Attorney General. The shootings were repugnant and doesn't alleviate the issue many residents on Ferguson are facing as it concerns racial profiling. At least the man responsible for the shootings was apprehended yesterday by authorities. Ferguson is a town that must start from scratch to rebuild a sense of trust between citizens and those who are responsible for providing safety and justice.

Rainman

Ferguson is a town that must start from scratch to rebuild a sense of trust between citizens and those who are responsible for providing safety and justice.
It won't be easy. The media with all their talk about racism opened a rift between whites and blacks in Ferguson. The rift created will take more than a few years to bridge but even then the distrust would still exist . . . under the surface.

Holder's statement condemning the shootings [IMHO] comes a little too late.