How do you Relax after your shifts.

Weedledom

Being fairly new in the LEO field I find it hard to unwind after work. The wife likes to get mad at me because she says I don't pay enough attention to her or what went on during her day. Any suggestions.:confused:

TheHammer

A couple of Beers and some Need for Speed. I would love to dance but you can tell from my avatar I am not light on my feet.:D

TonysToys

It takes a while to get used to the transition of being under constant stress and a mindset of everyone you meet is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, to being with people who really do care about you. Most spouses and other civilians don't understand the pressure of the job. Usually what I do is try to set myself up to look forward to something almost everyday. My wife doesn't like video games but I have gotten her to understand that I use it as a distraction and release which helps me unwind when I get home. I don't play for long, just enough that I feel like I have taken out some of my frustrations.

Carl_the_Enforcer

My wife and I DVR king of queens, The Big Bang Theory, ridiculousness and what ever other comedy we can find. Usually an hour of funny Tv will make the work unwind easier.:)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I find that both my wife and I understand each other better if I give her a sort of rundown of my day. I don't go into great detail but enough so when she ends up reading it in the newspaper she is not going to be completely surprised. I used to try to keep it in and not tell her anything that was bad. What would happen is when it would come out in the news paper she would end up worrying more about what else I was not telling her. I seem to be able to not forget about work but put it in the back of my mind instead of consuming me.

reesek8

I like to cook. Get home make a nice dinner for me and the wife, and open a bottle of wine.

dchalke

Watch t.v. and eat some popcorn. I like to watch comedy shows. I stay away from all cops shows...they never get it right.

nancy.donavan

Since my husband and I are both in law enforcement we like to completely get out of our element and do something like go to dance lessons. It helps us to forget the events of the day and spend time with each other doing something fun. We also like to go to local gym together and workout whenever we can. We also like to simply watch tv together. Hope that helps.:cool:

dariel2323

Is better to be well with our beloved woman, then the day will be better and relaxed. Do things for both, no contradictions, no fights, disgust, and all those bad things.

lei

When I get home I just instantly fall on to the couch. I don't even have to try... My body collapse onto the couch. Occasionally, I am so exhausted I can't even go to sleep. In that case, I drink some warm milk.

askanison

I would suggest video games. Come home and play something you can really get into that will take your mind off the day. I play GTA San Andreas to decompress from my day. I find shooting up things and causing havok lets me let off some steam rather quickly.

kaitheteen

Some computer games. I love to play League of Legends with my buddies and just playing one game will usually help me unwind.

davidj96

My number one way to relax after a day at work, is coming home to my Xbox 360. Once I get home, I power it up and game for a bit until I feel like starting my homework. Then I may watch some television and order a warm pizza from Pizza Hut. After I eat, I take a shower and play my Xbox 360 some more until I get tired.

ic3squid

My number one way to relax after a day at work, is coming home to my Xbox 360. Once I get home, I power it up and game for a bit until I feel like starting my homework. Then I may watch some television and order a warm pizza from Pizza Hut. After I eat, I take a shower and play my Xbox 360 some more until I get tired.

My day pretty much goes like this except I play the PS4 and I order Pizza like once a week, most of the time I just cook my own food.

bala

I take a dive in the pool to ease myself off or i listen to some soothing music or i ask my mom to get me a cup of coffee and it really is a good de stresser..Basically i do what it takes to ease myself and it doesn't follow a specific task at all.

Whitewolf2578

Yeah I get the same thing after a long day of work. I want to come home and relax, but the wife is always like "Pay attention to meeee". I am so glad I have my own room to go into to relax in. I usually poor myself a glass of Jameson and sit back and play a computer game.

I spend a lot of time at work and this can lead me to be lethargic and therefore I need to lay down somewhere and take a nap or read a book. I tend to go straight home after my shifts, through on some lounging clothes and take a nap. If my friends need me to go back out, I will go out for at least 30 minutes then go back home and that would be my entire night.