I have had lots of posting issues since the changes in this forum

primalclaws1974

I don't know if it is just me, but since the changes on this forum I never get more than one or two posts or replies made before an issue comes up. Generally, the problem is that once I hit the button to reply or post, the working icon just spins and nothing happens. I have to shut down the forum and go back in. About half the time it has actually posted, the other half, it's simply gone. I even tried to contact the administrator, and I had problems there too. Anyone else have issues?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if it is just me, but since the changes on this forum I never get more than one or two posts or replies made before an issue comes up. Generally, the problem is that once I hit the button to reply or post, the working icon just spins and nothing happens. I have to shut down the forum and go back in. About half the time it has actually posted, the other half, it's simply gone. I even tried to contact the administrator, and I had problems there too. Anyone else have issues?

Hello Primalclaws1974,

We are unaware of the issue. I will notify our systems admin of the issue. This switch is only a temporary switch, our intention is to go back to the other layout but we have to fix the speed issues first.

I will try to have an answer for your issues within 24 hours.

Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Tony

bala

Hello Primalclaws1974,

I will try to have an answer for your issues within 24 hours.

Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Tony
We are unaware of the issue. I will notify our systems admin of the issue. This switch is only a temporary switch, our intention is to go back to the other layout but we have to fix the speed issues first.
Actually just to let you know,i have absolutely no problem with the site.it loads faster and posting is such an ease.
Maybe its just the network connection right..? :O :O :O
Also what exactly are those speed issues that you were talking about..?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Also what exactly are those speed issues that you were talking about..?

Hello Bala,

The page load times with the previous template was around 8 seconds which is enough to get bothersome. The current template is the stock template provided by vbulletin. The page speed for this template is around 2.5 seconds. There is currently testing being done with Xenforo software which is overall cleaner faster software.

They have not been able to replicate the posting in the forum issue however they have found something that is causing a similar issue with the article creation. Hopefully their fix will repair both issues.

I will let you know what I get told.

Thank You
Tony

mrsbright

I have this also -- usually, when I refresh the page, even if the "Post quick reply" button was still spinning, my answer is there. I also had no luck with the "Edit" button -- it just does not work ! That is, in Firefox. I then tried the site on Explorer (I know, right?) and the site answered perfectly there. I have no idea what actually makes the difference, this is the only site that acts this way in my Firefox!

LitoLawless

Really? I feel as though things have been running a bit faster since the update. It was slow before and I always thought it was something on my end. Let's hope the issue you are having is addressed soon

A

admin_kim

Can you check if the issue still there? I have a questions:

1) what browser and its version did you used and when you encountered this issue?
2) What happened in the edit button?
3) can you try another browser too see if the issue occurred?
4) Can you clear your browser cache?

Thanks,

A

admin_kim

I have this also -- usually, when I refresh the page, even if the "Post quick reply" button was still spinning, my answer is there. I also had no luck with the "Edit" button -- it just does not work ! That is, in Firefox. I then tried the site on Explorer (I know, right?) and the site answered perfectly there. I have no idea what actually makes the difference, this is the only site that acts this way in my Firefox!

Can you check if the issue still there? I have a questions:

1) what version of firefox you have?
2) is there a popup box message when click the quick reply?
3) What happened in the edit button?
4) Can you clear your browser cache?

Thanks,

bala

Hello Bala,

The page load times with the previous template was around 8 seconds which is enough to get bothersome. The current template is the stock template provided by vbulletin. The page speed for this template is around 2.5 seconds. There is currently testing being done with Xenforo software which is overall cleaner faster software.

They have not been able to replicate the posting in the forum issue however they have found something that is causing a similar issue with the article creation. Hopefully their fix will repair both issues.

I will let you know what I get told.

Thank You
Tony
Lolz,tks mate.I never expected so much description.Thanks to you.
You guys are doing a brilliant job and no better way to thank you all than in public.Love ya all loads.

primalclaws1974

I am using Windows 10. I don't have any other browsers to check it against. Before the changes, this was one of the fastest and most reliable forums I post to. I was unaware this was temporary. I also get a pop up that says "leave or stay on page" after I post. If I don't hit "leave page", it will not post. Is this supposed to happen? I didn't have too many problems today. I did have to leave the forum one time, as opposed to 2-3 in previous days.

Muthoni

Yes I have also experienced that issue. Most of the times when I hit the submit button it does not show like anything is happening. When I try again I am told to wait for a few minutes or informed that a duplicate post has been made. I guess these issues come with the changes in the website.

A

admin_kim

I am using Windows 10. I don't have any other browsers to check it against. Before the changes, this was one of the fastest and most reliable forums I post to. I was unaware this was temporary. I also get a pop up that says "leave or stay on page" after I post. If I don't hit "leave page", it will not post. Is this supposed to happen? I didn't have too many problems today. I did have to leave the forum one time, as opposed to 2-3 in previous days.

I just fixed this can you try? Please clear your browser cache first. Thanks.

A

admin_kim

Yes I have also experienced that issue. Most of the times when I hit the submit button it does not show like anything is happening. When I try again I am told to wait for a few minutes or informed that a duplicate post has been made. I guess these issues come with the changes in the website.

I just fixed this, can you check? Please clear your browser cache first if it still not working. Thanks

primalclaws1974

I have made three posts today without an issue at all. The last two days were horrendous. I hope this continues to work, because I really enjoy this site. I will keep you updated, if I have any more issues, otherwise, all seems well. Thank you for fixing it.

shilpa123

I do not have many problems from this website as I think it is quite good . I also believe that the changes have been done for the good of the people.

primalclaws1974

I just fixed this, can you check? Please clear your browser cache first if it still not working. Thanks

I am back to having issues again. About 1-3 posts won't show up, or the "working" symbol just spins and I have to get out of the forum altogether, and come back in. I don't have these issues anywhere else, so I don't know what to say? It is something within the forum, or the way the forum and my computer are interacting. I hope it stops, because I enjoy coming here!

A

admin_kim

I am back to having issues again. About 1-3 posts won't show up, or the "working" symbol just spins and I have to get out of the forum altogether, and come back in. I don't have these issues anywhere else, so I don't know what to say? It is something within the forum, or the way the forum and my computer are interacting. I hope it stops, because I enjoy coming here!

I tweak again the settings. Can you clear your browser cache and to see if the issue fixed? What do you mean by ""working" symbol just spins"? Can you do a screenshots everytime you encountered this issue?

primalclaws1974

attachment.php

This isn't the problem I was mentioning, but this is another issue. I am having all kinds of problems today.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 62