Keeping up with a social life

lei

I keep up by cutting down on work and important stuff. In the end, it will matter less about how much money I had but the things I did to leave my mark on Earth.

Ricardo187

I guess cops can have a decent social life with other cops specially, since they know the pressure and have similar schedules.

PhilA

How many hours does a cop work in an average week?

I work around 70 hours a week, I manage to squeeze out a small social life.

dariel2323

We must always have a robust social life. We must do everything possible to achieve it. Life should be abundant in everything, is not working and working. In this world there are many things to do, an example is the fun with family and friends and more. Happy day.

True2marie

We must always have a robust social life. We must do everything possible to achieve it. Life should be abundant in everything, is not working and working. In this world there are many things to do, an example is the fun with family and friends and more. Happy day.

So true.

I have made the mistake over the past few years of working too much. It's not fun. You have to get out and enjoy being around other people. Hopefully, cops don't fall prey to this type of behavior. Can you imagine spending a day seeing the worst in mankind and then going home to do nothing?

dannybuntu

With the crazy hours you work, how do you guys keep up with a social life?

Define social life? Hahaha. Oh well, if you count talking with my children and wife as social life, then I guess that's my only social life. We're like the Simpsons.

But yeah basically, my social life is almost nil. I prefer to keep to myself especially in times when I have to focus on my writing. There are times when I wish I could hang out in the city with real friends and just have a good time. But with family responsibilities, work and all, it simply is an impossibility.

But with that said, I am quite happy right now.

headmaster

If you call online interactivity social, then I guess I do a lot of that. Since most of my work is online it makes it much easier to interact social using online applications. For example, while typing this reply I have also answered a chat with my friend in Australia.

DancingLady

I think it must be challenging for cops that work in tougher environments like inner cities to unwind at the end of the day. I tend to be very affected by my the thing going on around me, I know if I was seeing lots of bad things during the day, I would not have the emotional energy left when the work day is done to want to go spend time with more people. I would probably just want to hide from the negativity at home with my family.