Lancaster Man Arrested For Impersonating Officer

Anthony

Super Moderator
Scofield.jpg
A Lancaster man was arrested for allegedly impersonating a police officer.
David Scofield, 50, was caught in the act when he tried to pull over a real police officer. Akron police say Scofield was driving a Ford Crown Victoria with a spotlight and made it look like a police cruiser. Scofield allegedly tried to block the path of a real Akron officer on his way to work Monday night.
When authorities pulled him over they seized rifles, shotguns, a bullet-proof vest, a police badge, ammunition and multiple handguns from his car. Authorities say Scofield is a firearms dealer from Lancaster.
Scofield served as a reserve deputy with the Athens County Sheriff’s Office, however he was fired for a previous charge of impersonating a police officer.
He is facing misdemeanor charges of impersonating a police officer, carrying concealed weapons and obstructing official business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

It is amazing how clever criminals are; they are so misguided because they could use that to their advantage instead of getting into trouble. It was his fortieth day to actually meet a real policeman and face the full force of the law. He should have used his energy to improve himself and be a better person instead.

Strykstar

I guess so Peninha, he was probably pretending to write them a ticket for something and then taking fake bribes to make the tickets go away. That and probably seizing any illegal substances he found in cars.

caparica007

It's something scary to think that we're being approached by a police officer when in fact it's a fake, glad he got caught.

pattycake

I wonder what he was saying all the other people, was he robbing them?

Most likely just to throw his weight around. The same thing George Zimmerman does, going around acting like he's a cop, messing with people minding their own business and pulling a gun on them. Well I'm glad that this guy got busted by some real cops. LOL!

mimsee

This is an important reminder to always ask to see an officer's badge! You can usually tell a fake from the real thing and they HAVE to show you their badge if you request. Make sure that the officer you are dealing with is actually an officer! There have been multiple cases of fake officers robbing unsuspecting citizens and sometimes worse.

SF13

Such a sad little man. There was a similar incident involving my mother and her neighbor. The neighbor kept claiming that she was a Sheriff's deputy in a neighboring county and even told that to other police officers in the area. ... ... She wasn't,though, and after trying to throw her weight around my mother's husband called the Sheriff's department in that county and they had no idea who she was... gave her a wonderful phone call but no charges.

pattycake

Such a sad little man. There was a similar incident involving my mother and her neighbor. The neighbor kept claiming that she was a Sheriff's deputy in a neighboring county and even told that to other police officers in the area. ... ... She wasn't,though, and after trying to throw her weight around my mother's husband called the Sheriff's department in that county and they had no idea who she was... gave her a wonderful phone call but no charges.

Good... And now everyone knows to just ignore her.

Strykstar

What was trying to get away with? Just intimidating people?
Or was she just delusional in general?

Sweetheart

This is always an odd one for someone to do. I guess he always wanted to be one. Like a little boy playing or something. I am not sure what someone is thinking carrying it this far. The major problem got him. He couldn't run the license plates. If he could of he would of realized it was a cop he was harassing. Next time I guess you should ask the officer for id if he is not in a full on police car. There are a lot of people in NY that buy used unmarked police vehicles. They are so easy to spot with the extra silver side light. The Crown Victoria or whatever they are.