Las Vegas child abuse/neglect case

missbishi

thegrey1

:mad: We are seeing more and more of this crap every day! Why can't people keep their pants zipped? This is sickening! Poor kids!

missbishi

We are, aren't we. I wonder if it is happening more often or whether it is just being detected or reported more often? It certainly does seem like you hear a similar story every week.

Gabe

I'm sure this has been going on unreported for centuries, but this is another case where the children were 'home schooled'. It appears it allows people to get away with abuse more, while home schooling does work for some children, a large percentage go under the radar.

In the UK home schooled children are checked as far as I know to see what they are learning and how, to ensure a standard is kept. I'm not sure if it's the same in the US and it would vary state to state. Going to school would have raised some red flags and the children could have found someone to turn to for help.

JoanMcWench

We live in a day & age where it's tough to get away with anything. For better (in this case) or for worse. The truth is nothing surprises me anymore. Even people doing the worst most cruel things to anyone doesn't phase me. I've been majourly desensitized.

missbishi

I'm sure this has been going on unreported for centuries, but this is another case where the children were 'home schooled'. It appears it allows people to get away with abuse more, while home schooling does work for some children, a large percentage go under the radar.

In the UK home schooled children are checked as far as I know to see what they are learning and how, to ensure a standard is kept. I'm not sure if it's the same in the US and it would vary state to state. Going to school would have raised some red flags and the children could have found someone to turn to for help.

Oh no, not the homeschooling debate again! Don't get me wrong Gabe, I do agree that when children are homeschooled they remain somewhat under the radar and there aren't any adults outside the family for them to turn to. But for some reason, the subject of homeschooling and any suggestion that it might have disadvantages gets some people really fired up.

dyanmarie25

Oh, my gosh. That's terrible. I've been hearing a lot of horrid stories about stepdads raping their stepdaughters, and eventually impregnating them. This is one of the reasons why if I ever got divorced and if I have a daughter, I would never remarry.

lushlala

This is beyond appalling! I just don't know how people like these two can sleep at night. -and why do they keep churning out more and more children if they can't be bothered to care for them?! They're vile beyond words and I pray that they get their just desserts! One of them is more than enough, but when you get the two working together, with neither seeing that what they're doing wrong on so many levels, then we have TROUBLE. Very TOXIC people. I hope the kids, who have been taken in by Social Services, are never returned to them EVER.

I feel sorry for the teen girl and hope that she doesn't face a harsh sentence because she herself is a victim, and a minor.