Man Attacks Woman For Finding Her Different From Online Profile

Anthony

Super Moderator
Jefferson.jpg
Police say a 33-year-old Georgia man moved to Kentucky because he thought he’d found true love with a woman he had met online.
However it wasn’t exactly true love for Cornelius Jefferson once he met the woman in person. Jefferson felt the new girlfriend wasn’t who she claimed to be online, according to the Laurel County Sheriff’s Department in Kentucky.
Cornelius Jefferson allegedly argued with and then assaulted the woman at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday morning.
“The argument was allegedly because the male subject didn’t think she was like she was on the Internet,†the sheriff’s department stated on its Facebook page.
“He allegedly choked her with both hands around the neck and threw food on her and left the scene on foot with two suitcases.â€
Police found Jefferson shortly after the assault, he was found walking down the street.
Jefferson was arrested and charged with fourth-degree assault.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimsee

This is a perfect example of what I always preach; You can't trust people you meet online! The internet gives a perfect cover for liars and con artists to do their thing. The woman who was beaten in this case, whether she was lying about her appearance or not, learned the hard way by meeting this unstable man. He's the only one in the wrong in this situation.

Peninha

This is a huge risk, knowing someone online can lead to lies and deceiving, we never know who we are going to meet...

Gelsemium

Dating online has this level of uncertainty, we can be talking to violent people and not be aware of it.

Muthoni

This is a case of someone who does not know how to handle anger. He did not need to attack this woman, he could have walked away. I am surprised that this woman decided to meet someone she had only met online in the early hours of the morning. There are crazy people everywhere; therefore it is necessary to be careful.

pattycake

But I wonder how he found her different from her profile. Could it have been looks? Maybe she used an old photo and look a lot different now? And Muthoni you are right that it was strange of her to agree to meet a stranger in person in the wee morning hours. That would explain why the guy snapped, because if he came there for sex, and found her not to look the way she does in her pic then anger would be the typical response to traveling all that way.

caparica007

Possibly she exchanged old pictures or pictures not from her, she lied, either cases it does not justify violence.

askanison

She lied and catfished the poor guy, what did she expect to happen? He didn't flip out and kill her at least. I think his reaction was really a normal one when you find out the woman you think you are in love with and have moved across the country for is a fake. It is sad that someone would let the poor guy go through all that only to be let down. Now if it had wound up being a dude instead there probably would have been some killing going on.

Gelsemium

She might have lied askanison, but in my opinion nothing justifies violence, he could have just walked away.

dolittle94

You see people, this is Catfish gone horribly wrong! I would advise you all to stay away from starting relationships online. Nine times out of ten nobody ends up with a happy ending. The one good thing about situations like this is that it might lead to people picking up some common sense and go about dating someone the good, old-fashioned way.

Peninha

I think is wrong to deceive people, but this is what happens nowadays with all the online relationships, he should have known.

caparica007

If we are online we have 50-50 chance of meeting someone honest, we have to feel the vibe really, but it's not easy...

warmweatherwoman

I can't help but laugh at the fact that this man did not choose to MEET her first before moving to another state to be with her. I mean who really divulges their real self online? You have to get to know someone in person to know who they really are. This woman is lucky something more serious wasn't done to her. She needs to watch who she chooses to meet when finding "love" online.

SF13

So, she wasn't what he expected and decided to choke her? Seriously, why not just tell her to get a life and go find something else... but no.. she was in the wrong? Pfft.

Man, she might not have been what you though, but I bet she didn't think you'd be a nutjob who chokes women who disappoint him.

Onionman

That's pretty frightening. What the hell was he thinking? I bet he wasn't what she was expecting either - a crazed abuser with an anger problem.

headmaster

Just goes to show the risk involved in dating online. The woman can be termed as a deceiver for maybe posting fake pictures of herself online, but she is lucky that the guy was not completely psycho. He could have done worse to her.

pattycake

She lied and catfished the poor guy, what did she expect to happen? He didn't flip out and kill her at least. I think his reaction was really a normal one when you find out the woman you think you are in love with and have moved across the country for is a fake. It is sad that someone would let the poor guy go through all that only to be let down. Now if it had wound up being a dude instead there probably would have been some killing going on.

He couldn't have been in love with her. You can't be in love with someone you don't know.