Man Breaks Into Home To Harm Barking Dog

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A New Hampshire man was arrested after police say he broke into his neighbor's apartment to silence a barking dog.

Authorities say Roger Pelletier allegedly forced his way into his neighbor's apartment Friday morning to try and harm the dog. Pelletier, who was frustrated by the constant barking of her Shih Tzu, Oreo made his way inside and attempted to strangle Oreo.

A fight between the dog owner and Pelletier followed, which led to Oreo biting Pelletier several times. Police say Oreo's owner wasn't injured in the struggle. Oreo was taken to a veterinarian for evaluation.

Pelletier was charged with burglary, cruelty to animals and simple assault. He is being held on $5,000 cash bail and due to be arraigned on Monday.

Attachments

• RogerPelletier.jpg
    RogerPelletier.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

The guy lost his mind, he was better off calling the police to silence the dog, now he's in trouble.

Allison2021

We have thought of doing this. Who hasn't felt like calling the cops during the day because of a neighbor's barking dog. Yet, to actually break into someone's house goes beyond stupid, it was just plain illegal. Then to try and kill the dog was cruel. It serves him right to get bitten by the dog.

Peninha

Yeah, one thing is to call the police, other thing is to commit a crime. We should fight for our rights and not break other people's rights.

Strykstar

Absolutely Peninha, even if the dog was making too much noise at an hour where there needs to be quiet, the man lost any reason when he committed a crime to silence (maybe kill?) the dog, he should have simply called the police.

pattycake

Damn... Some people are just walking time bombs. They can't stand the sound of anything. Not a chewing sound, breathing sound, a bark, a child cry, anything. Any normal sound they hear sets them off. And just think of all the deaf people who can't hear anything and would cherish hearing any sound they could. It's a mad mad world.

pattycake

Absolutely Peninha, even if the dog was making too much noise at an hour where there needs to be quiet, the man lost any reason when he committed a crime to silence (maybe kill?) the dog, he should have simply called the police.

Better yet, he could have suggested walking the dog because calling the police wouldn't have silenced the dog. That just goes to show how disquieted and unintelligent a person can be. They hear something disturbing and explode rather than think what to do. Well I doubt that this guy will be reacting in such a way from now on, unless he's totally insane and don't mind the quietude of a jail cell.

Muthoni

This man must have reached his limit. When pushed to the wall rational thinking is usually not possible. There is a reason the term temporally insanity is in existence. A pair of ear plugs could have helped the man take a break from hearing the barking dog. What he did is not excusable but I understand his frustration. Trying to squeeze the life out of the dog was uncalled for.

oraclemay

This guy is crazy, but he is still not allowed to break to law. I know what it is like to have out of control dogs barking all day and all night long. However, there are processes to follow to remedy this problem.

mairj23

This guy did over react here but I can relate to the aggravation of a barking dog. Maybe he should have spoken with the owner of the dog first about the issue. Most owners don't think that their pets are causing problems, when the pets really are causing them. I wouldn't have went into anyone's home but most of us can relate to this.