Man Fakes 911 Call To Avoid Ticket

Anthony

Super Moderator
julius.jpg
A Florida man pulled over for speeding allegedly called 911 to report to that a murder was about to happen just so he can get out of a citation, police said.
Julius Lupowitz, 52, had hoped the officer who stopped him would respond to the priority call instead of writing him a ticket.
According to authorities, when the officer headed back to his patrol car, Lupowitz, dialed 911.
“There’s definitely someone going to get shot. Please, please. Wingate and Hollywood. Please,†a man says on the 911 call released by officials.
“There’s a man with a gun. I see him looking at me but I don’t think he sees I’m on a cell phone. I swear I’m so scared I might get killed myself. Please.â€
Lupowitz is heard in the call explaining to the dispatcher there was a man with a gun and someone was going to get shot and then the call is disconnected.
Police officers responded to the scene, however the officer who pulled over Lupowitz stayed put.
“We responded as if it was real,†said West Melbourne Police Lt. Richard Cordeau. “We don’t know any different until we got there.â€
[video=youtube_share;E03m0quC7BI]http://youtu.be/E03m0quC7BI[/video]
Lupowitz called 911 again to tell his story again. In the meantime, dispatchers tracked down the name of the caller. They put an announcement over the police radio, which alerted the officer standing next to Lupowitz.
“Our officer was standing at the door of Mr. Lupowitz’s vehicle and realized, at that point, that this was the same person that was making the 911 calls,†said Lt. Cordeau.
Authorities said Lupowitz would have only received a $200 speeding ticket. But now he is facing a third-degree felony charge for misuse of the 911 system and he still received the citation.
If convicted of that charge, Lupowitz could land in jail for up to five years.
"This incident needlessly tied up a critical component of public safety. The 911 system is intended for people who truly need help. In addition, these false calls created an unnecessary delay in our officers' ability to respond to true emergencies," said Lt. Cordeau.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

LOL, talk about being creative! I once read about a guy that said that he had a car accident because of the smell of his new car... When are people start to take responsibility for their actions?

Muthoni

This man created a situation of from the flying pan to the fire. It is amazing that he actually thought it would work to his favor. I wish he would use that [FONT=&quot]resourcefulness[/FONT] he has been granted for profitable outcome in the future. I hope he learns from this experience never to abuse a system that is there to serve the citizens.

mairj23

Criminals have some of the best ideas. If they used there evil genius for good, the world would be a better and safer place. This story here takes the cake for sure.

mairj23

Another idiot just signed his own warrant. I cant believe of all the things my home state seems to be going through. This guy is clearly on something and should be put away. I'm still shaking my head at this one.

Gabe

Some people really are stupid and I'm glad he got caught. I wonder about the name though, did he give his real name and they put that across the radio. The worst thing is these officers could have been helping someone else in need. The abuse of the 911 system like the 999 system is strict to deter people from making bogus calls.

lushlala

Wow, how dim is this man?! All that, just to get out of getting a speeding ticket?! I wonder if he thinks it was worth it now LOL This being America, I'm glad that he's likely to get a harsh sentence, if charged. It's very frustrating to think that some people just don't realise how much police time and the tax payer's money they waste by playing stupid pranks. Also, they're taking away well needed resources that could be the difference between life and death for someone else who really needs it. It's just ridiculous!