Missing Florida teen found with sex offender in Louisiana

Anthony

Super Moderator
Ashley Lyon, 16, the Florida teenager that went missing a week ago is in critical condition with multiple stab wounds at a Louisiana hospital. The Florida teenager was last seen on June 11 at her home outside Tampa.
Louisiana police caught up with Lyon’s alleged perpetrator, 41-year-old Steven Myers after a Louisiana truck stop clerk, Fawn Dominque, called police. She recognized Ashley and Myers from HLN’s Nancy Grace show.
“They were actually in the restaurant, in a separate building, and he came over to get some L & M Menthol Shorts cigarettes,†Tiger Truck Stop manager Scott Holbrook said.
“They both walked in together, she was behind him. I did not know what was going on,†Holbrook said. He also said Ashley looked tired and scared.
Dominque went to get her phone so you could check and see if she was indeed the missing girl. “It was on Facebook. It was Nancy Grace with a picture of the gentleman and a picture of Ashley." That is when she knew for sure. “She ran back and told me to call 911,†Holbrook said.
While he was on the phone, Domingue went outside to the parking lot. A deputy pulled up a few minutes later. “Fawn was outside and she pointed out the vehicle, they were in the shadows by our tire shop,†Holbrook said.
The deputy spotted the two in a Chevy 3500 flatbed pickup truck. He then tried to make and a traffic stop. Myers refused to stop. The registered sex offender then led police on a 40-mile chase, police said. During the pursuit he rammed four cars in an attempt to create roadblocks to aid his getaway, police said.
Eventually the chase ended when Myers drove over tire deflating sticks deployed by the deputies. Myers came out of the disabled truck with a knife in his hand. He was screaming at the deputies to shoot him.
Steven Myers was then apprehended and taken to a local hospital in Lafayette, Louisiana. Police say he was treated for what they believe to be two self inflicted stab wounds and K-9 dog bites.
Police found Ashley Lyon in the truck with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to a local hospital in Lafayette. She is listed in critical condition.
“The Lord has something to do with it. Fawn was not schedule to work that day and someone called and asked her to work for her,†Holbrook said.
Ashley's father told reporters his wife is on her way to see their daughter. He was leaving shortly to be with them. “The not knowing has ended, the second phase of this that we know is going to be long term, both physically and mentally, Lyon said. He also added, “I've already turned the page on Steven Myers. He belongs to the system. And he's got his coming.â€
Myers faces multiple charges in Florida, including attempted unlawful sexual activity with a minor and interference with child custody.
Florida teenager.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness the girl is okay and the man is caught. I am 19 years old and I am empathizing for her because I am imagining how I would feel if it was me who was kidnapped. If this happened to me I would definitely be hurt mentally. I can't imagine how she is doing because not only was she kidnapped, she was also seriously injured and who knows what this guy did to her.

mairj23

A happy ending, finally. Parents need to do more and be present in their kids lives and not just bystanders. This creep should be locked up for the rest of his life. The inmates are going to have a field day when he gets to prison.

Gabe

I'm glad the truck stop manager did something. We see it on television shows all the time, but they can end up saving the lives of many kidnapped victims. That's one good use of social media and also reliable communications.

lushlala

What a nasty piece of work! Thank heavens poor Ashley's ordeal is over for now, we can only pray and hope that her knife stab wounds are not life threatening. Let's hope Myers gets his just desserts. I'm sure he will; he's a registered sex offender and US law doesn't mess around with you. He needs removing from the streets so he doesn't snatch more children, who knows how far he'll go if he's given another chance?!