Mother Charged With Abusing, Starving Twins

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A California woman was arrested Wednesday after police found her 3-year-old twins bruised and severely malnourished. Courtney Lynn Stewart, 24, of Murrieta allegedly starved and abused her twin boys.

Police say the 3-year-old boys weighing just 15 pounds were severely malnourished. Both boys were suffering from injuries believed to be caused by abuse, and one with a fractured jaw.

The investigation began on November 7, after one of the victims was admitted to Rancho Springs Hospital in critical condition suffering from severe malnutrition. Hospital officials immediately contacted the Murrieta Police Department.

The young boy was transferred to Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego for intensive care, where he still remains in critical condition.

Police then visited Stewarts home and discovered the little boy’s twin brother, who was also severely malnourished and had a fractured jaw. He was also taken to the hospital, and currently under the care of Riverside County Child Protective Services.

Stewart was charged on suspicion of willful harm or injury to a child and corporal punishment or injury to a child, according to Murrieta Police Department. She is being held at the Southwest Detection Center.

Attachments

• CourtneyStewartarrested.jpg
    CourtneyStewartarrested.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,931
Last edited by a moderator:

Onionman

Sometimes I think that some people don't deserve to have children. This is such a sad story. Clearly she needs help. But ultimately you have to feel sorry for the kids first, and the mother just needs to be sorted out separately.

Allison2021

Those children may have been too young to have attended school. Therefore, no other adults may have been aware of what was going on. That has been the true tragedy.
How did she get away with that for so long?

Gelsemium

How can a mother do this to their own kids is something that goes beyond my understanding, I hope the kids are taken away from her.

Muthoni

[FONT=&quot]This is such a sad story. These kids must have gone through a lot of trauma to get to three years. There must be something very wrong with this mother that professional help can establish. It must take a lot of force to fracture the boy’s jaw. Besides, she did not even bother to take him to the hospital. I hope that these children will finally get a good loving home.[/FONT]

Strykstar

No doubt they will be taken away from her, that has to be the final decision in this.
She has clearly shown she has no interest in them, and mother or not, it's best for the children to go into foster care.

pattycake

I'm so glad that the boys are alive and hope they will be okay. And hopefully, they won't ever be sent back to their mother. What I find so phenomenal is how women think that a man is supposed care, but how can a man possibly care about a woman when women are so abusive to their sons?

Where is care for a woman to come from?

pattycake

No doubt they will be taken away from her, that has to be the final decision in this.
She has clearly shown she has no interest in them, and mother or not, it's best for the children to go into foster care.

But the thing is, there's a high likelihood of child abuse occurring in foster care too. And this is because many people have no aptitude for parenting. You see, and that's the whole problem. The child welfare administration itself does not see to the proper care and protection of children.

mairj23

These drug addictive parents need harsh penalties put on them. How do you starve a child, especially one that's yours? They're suppose to eat before you, the parent does. It's obvious this woman must be on drugs to do something like this.