Mugshots

vinceasneed

Does anyone think that mugshots make you look guilty in the eyes of the public? I heard someone comment on that. I thought its an interesting question. When people watch the news and they see a mugshot of someone arrested, they see what they consider an evil person based on how the photo looks. This is long before the person has been proven guilty. Then sometimes they are found not guilty. I think some mugshots do that but not all. I've seen some young ladies who look very beautiful in those mugshots.

Muthoni

Most mug shots look horrible because the person arrested was not given a chance to put themselves together. Some might have struggled while being arrested therefore they look unkempt. I saw one mug shot of a beautiful man with green eyes that was a big hit on social media. That said I have to agree that most mug shots make the person look guilty.

DancingLady

I think there is a perception that the person must be guilty if they got arrested. The media sure presents it that way even though sometimes not everyone arrested in a complicated case is guilty of a crime.

missbishi

Mugshots aren't taken in a well lit professional studio so they will look bad. Also, the person being photographed may be feeling scared or upset. I agree though, that they can really affect people's perception of them, even if they haven't actually done anything.

LitoLawless

I do think that in a lot of situations, a mugshot will make you look really unflattering. I think a lot of people confuse that with guilt or suspicion with things like that. In actuality, it's just really bad lighting.

Kittyworker

No, I don't think a mugshot makes someone look guilty. Half of the mugshots I've seen though were for idiots who were drunk and smashed into something. Those people who are obviously drunk/stoned and cut up because of the crash do look guilty, but then again they are guilty and they wouldn't look any less guilty in person.

ally79

I used to work for the county I live in and the employee photos for your id badge was taken in the same place that they take the mugshots for the jail. They were really attractive....Not! That being said I do think they make people look guilty. You know when they show them on the news they always say "allegedly", but with those pictures your mind jumps to guilty.

shilpa123

Mugshots make a person look really guilty as I think it can be quite some before a person has been found guilty. I do believe it is totally very sad and not really that great.

Mackmax

Most mugshots look awful because the person isn't too happy to have gotten arrested, lol. Many people's mugshots were taken at 3 am or after the suspect was crying. Of course nobody takes a beautiful picture when they've been up all night or have just finished bawling their eyes out. Also, you don't exactly get a chance to put your best lipstick on and powder your nose before you take a mugshot.

mrsbright

Mugshots look cool for movies and art project but in real life... I mean. A *passport* picture will make you look bad, even if you have the time to make your hair and skin look nice and you get it taken by a professional. A mugshot picture? How does it even have a chance to make you look friendly? You'd probably have to be crazy photogenic for that to happen! Someone close to me, upon watching the news, remarked about how the suspects did look like criminals. But then the person added, "Actually, if you take a mugshot of a black person, they all sort of look like they could be gangsters." He meant this not as a racist comment, just as a comment about mugshots in general. I'd be interested to see those who make people look normal or friendly, realistically!

Kamarsun1

I agree, the mugshot is not something you look forward to taking, so your not going to look your best, but if you want cool points, like Justin Bieber you might just smile for the photo.

sillylucy

Mugshots do make you look guilty and the worst is when you google your name and you get a mugshot. How do people get a job after their mugshot is made public? It just makes things harder for people who want to make a positive change.

Owl

Being in a mugshot is never really a good way to make a first impression so it makes you look at least a little bit guilty. It's not like they're the nicest or most complimenting pictures in the entire world, they usually don't make you look very nice.

Profit5500

Most mug shots look horrible because the person arrested was not given a chance to put themselves together. Some might have struggled while being arrested therefore they look unkempt. I saw one mug shot of a beautiful man with green eyes that was a big hit on social media. That said I have to agree that most mug shots make the person look guilty.
Some ladies I do admit look good in those mugshots. The mugshots are just there to make the person look terrible. The image of one that is attractive is quite rare when you do find it.

stevesxs9

Since mugshots are basically for the police viewing, Its probably in their best interest to make the defendant look as guilty as possible. Usually there's some guilt involved to be getting a mugshot in the first place. But not every time.