NYPD Officers letting minor Offenses slide

admin

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

The assassination of two Police Officers in Brooklyn has left many officers on edge leading them to turn a blind eye on some minor crimes. The union has mandated that two patrol cars respond to all police calls which has led slower response times. This has created a shortage in man power which is going to have the most serious affect in areas of highest crime.

One officer said I'm not writing any summonses. Do you think I'm going to stand there so someone can shoot me or hit me in the head with an ax?, referring to the December 20th slaying of 2 NYPD Officers.

A New York Police Department supervisor said, "My guys are writing almost no summonses, and probably only making arrests when they have to "like when a store catches a shoplifter."

There is a cold war right now between the NYPD and the Mayor of New York de Blassio. The police feel let down by the mayor and there is really no end in site to this feeling. While the mayor would like to mend the fence so to speak, there is very little sign that the rank and file are going to get over what has gotten them to this point.

Attachments

• nypd_officers.jpg
    nypd_officers.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 689
Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

It's natural that they act this way, but letting minor offenses slide can lead to bigger offenses...

Sweetheart

I was just talking about stuff like this the other day. NYC and LA police have so much on their plate that they could care less about the minor things. It is not better that they have a ton to deal with but this attitude is better. Small towns are the police are kind of looking for things to do they are so bored. Any little thing and they want to jump on it. I guess that makes sense.
Years ago I met a cop in bar and he said to me, "I saw you driving over main street a couple weeks ago. I ran your plates." He just saw a pretty girl in a car and decided to see who she was. This is police work? I guess it is a compliment Lol.He was nice enough, but I don't know is this slacking on the job? I don't know what to say. Maybe that's why he showed up in a place I frequented. I never thought about that. I guess their could be worse things happening than a cop stalking you Lol.
Anyway, yeah there definitely needs to be a professional focus and prioritizing the important problems. Not worrying about the petty minor nonsense.

Gelsemium

Police officers are being persecuted and this is the way they have to defend themselves, I hope things change soon for the better.

missbishi

I can understand why this happens. There's a similar situation in the UK, where police have to prioritize attendances because they simply don't have the manpower to deal with every offence. If it's a choice between arresting a few teens for smoking marijuana or attending the scene of an armed robbery, then I know which one I would prefer them to do.