Officer Gives Mom Car Seat Instead of a Ticket

Anthony

Super Moderator
michcop.jpg
A Michigan police officer surprises a young mother and her daughter with selfless act. Officer Ben Hall was on patrol when he pulled a car over for a traffic violation. When he walked up to the vehicle he noticed a small girl in the car who was wearing a seat belt but not in a child's car seat.

The young mother, Alexis DeLorenzo told Officer Hall that she understood the importance of having her daughter in a car seat.

"When I spoke to DeLorenzo she was very forthcoming and knew that the child should be in a booster seat," Officer Hall said. "She admitted that she was wrong and that she had recently fallen on hard times."

DeLorenzo was traveling in a friends car. She said she's been living paycheck to paycheck and recently had her vehicle repossessed with her daughter's booster seat inside.

Officer Hall decided not to give the mother a traffic ticket. Instead he had the mother meet him in the nearby walmart parking lot, where he went inside and bought a car seat for the little girl.

"A ticket doesn't solve the situation. What solves it, is the child being in a booster seat like she should be. It was the easiest 50 bucks I ever spent," Hall said.

DeLorenzo said Officer Hall provided her some much-needed hope with his kindness.
"For a police officer that could have just given me a ticket, and gotten me in a whole lot of trouble, he out of the kindness of his own heart and out of his own pockets did something for me and my family that I'm never gonna forget," DeLorenzo said.

Last edited:

ravenclaw

Wow, you don't hear about someone doing that every day. It warms my heart and makes me feel good inside to know there are people that out there willing to see a situation and make it better for someone in a hard place just trying to get by. I have been in her shoes with three children and didn't get that kind of help from anyone. I say thank you Officer Hall and bless you!!

Gelsemium

Great action from this officer, this is the sort of things that make us have faith in human race, well done!!

Strykstar

It's great to see some good news on here, what this officer did is a fantastic gesture of kindness, wish there were more people like him.

dolittle94

Now this is what I like to see. A cop with some sense and a good nature. This is the type of cop that the community wants; not someone that is trying to fill his quota, but someone who is actually looking out for the community that they are supposed to be serving and protecting. I'm really glad to hear news like this, it rises my respect for some police officers. I know they aren't all bad, but I always see so many bad examples and not enough good ones.

SF13

This is a wonderful thing to see. I get tired of the handful of bad examples being tossed in front of us on the news, when most officers don't get into any serious issues. There are hundreds of thousands, millions, of calls a year for police to attend.. or tickets to give... yet only an incredibly small fraction of them lead to anything improper.