Ohio Man Admits Killing Pregnant Girlfriend

Anthony

Super Moderator
Jacob-Ferrero.jpg
An Ohio man was arrested for the murder of Samantha Greenlee, the woman who was pregnant with his child.
Jacob Ferrero, 22, who admitted to killing Greenlee, 22, also confessed to burning down their apartment in an attempt to cover up the evidence.
Ferrero led police to her body in the woods near Madison Christian church early Wednesday morning.
Greenlee was last seen on October 8 after leaving work. She was reported missing by family members when she missed a doctor's appointment. The apartment was set on fire the same day, Oct. 10.
Her family told authorities they became suspicious of Ferrero when he didn't report Greenlee missing.
"I suspected, because her car was there," said Greenlee's grandmother. "They had an argument that night. She had been missing and her house was set on fire Friday."
Detectives said they interviewed Ferrero a few times over the past two weeks and were getting ready to give him a lie-detector test when he confessed to the crime.
Family say Greenlee and Ferrero had been living together. They had been dating for about five months, and she was three months pregnant.
Greenlee had previously filed a report, telling authorities that she was afraid of Ferrero but there were no signs of violence when they checked on the couple.
"I know they got in a lot of fights," said Estellia Sheridan, a cousin. She also said Greenlee had called the police on Ferrero numerous times. She moved out in September, but came back a week later. "She was trying to get the relationship to work because of the baby," Sheridan said. "She was so happy about the baby."
Jacob Ferrero has been charged with murder and aggravated arson.

Attachments

• JacobFerrero.jpg
    JacobFerrero.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 915
Last edited by a moderator:

mimsee

So sad. She told authorities she was scared of him but because she had no physical marks they didn't do anything..and now she's dead. And, now, I don't want to place any blame on her but according tot he article she went back to him even after he had treated her like dirt. I don't think that would've happened had she been truly afraid of him..but..I guess she should've been. I hope he gets everything that's coming to him for killing this young woman and their unborn child.

Gelsemium

I am always shocked with this kind of atrocities, how can a person kill another, even more pregnant? It's hard to face this subjects day after day...

Muthoni

It is very sad that someone remains in a home where they are hurt by the person they are sharing a life with. Another thing that is very common in my region is that most women think that they need the baby’s father to share in the upbringing. This is a very sad story because now Greenlee and her unborn baby are both dead.

Peninha

I think that killing a pregnant woman is the worse crime that exists, so I hope he stays in jail for life.

Strykstar

What a monster, just look at this list of crimes, killing his girlfriend, killing the baby, arson, hiding evidence.
I hope he goes away for a very long time.

pattycake

So many women still don't recognize when they're sleeping with their enemy and have and yet to learn. You don't try to get an ornery uncooperative consort to cooperate for the baby. You remove that person from the picture for the baby so that you can care for and raise the child in peace.

pattycake

Look at that guy... He's out of it. There's nothing there to work with. And a man always lets you know that when he's uncooperative. You don't bother trying to make anything work with him. There's nothing there to make work. Every woman goes through this, I've been thru it myself, but I learned quickly that you can't fix stupid, and you move on. The most you can accomplish by trying is receiving harm to yourself.

pattycake

I'll never forget when I first realized that a man can be a woman's enemy. I was a little girl, only about 7 or 8, when I read a story in the daily news that shook me up and I never forgot. A young aspiring actress in the east village met a seemingly charming fella in the park, they got together at her place and from the moment they had sex it was a done deal and he considered himself her man and moved in, as it turned out that he was homeless. Well she didn't want him living there and asked him very nicely to leave, and even gave an excuse that her sister was coming from out of town and need the space. Well he snapped and killed her. Cut her body up in pieces, boiled her in a big pot until the flesh fell from the bones, he flushed her flesh down the toilet and bagged her remains and carried it to a locker somewhere in Grand Central station.

And how the police caught up with him is that he went around the neighborhood bragging about what he did. Under the impression that he what he did was correct. And in the photo the news took of him, he was smiling gayley and did have a very charming appearance. He didn't look like he was out of it like that. Well even as a little girl that shook me up and I never forgot it. I realized at that moment that a man can be an enemy to a woman.

pattycake

Okay, and it's apparent a similar event that happened to the woman in this story. The difference is that unlike the lady in the east village, she didn't ask the guy to leave. If she hadn't asked the guy to leave he wouldn't have killed right then but have gone on for months or possibly years. For this lady today, it was 5 months until he got around to snapping and killing her because he's out it, a loose cannon, literally a walking time bomb to begin with. You can't make anything work with nothingness.

caparica007

I think it's impossible to explain murder, but murder of a pregnant women is taking a step further is that is even possible.

askanison

I don't ever understand how someone can murder the woman carrying their child. From his smug look he looks like he enjoyed it and the attention it brought him. Two lives wasted for nothing. I know the police can't do anything if there is no physical evidence of abuse or violence, but there has to be a better way to keep tabs on couples who have violent tendencies. So sad and such a waste.

warmweatherwoman

Man when you can't even trust your significant other not to kill you- who can you trust? This world is so crazy. It makes single women like me want to stay single. You never know the crazy thoughts that go through a persons head during a fight..and for him to kill her, while pregnant- then burn her apartment to cover the evidence...just ludicrous.

dolittle94

You can just tell what kind of scum he is based off of the title of this article and the state of his mugshot. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for anyone to do anything so retched and the fact that this kind of demented activity even happens is just sickening to think about, but it does happen. I know it may be kind of dark to say this, but you really don't know the people that you think you know more than half of the time. Sometimes they never show there true colors, but others are easy to see for what they are. I think she should have been ditched that so called relationship. If it was already abusive then who cares if the baby doesn't grow up to know their father? I'd rather my child not know their father than to try and work out a doomed relationship and have them grow up in a violent environment like that.

Allison2021

Ohio does have the death penalty. He confessed to murder.
He refused to make an official commitment to her by marrying her, and giving her baby his family name. He showed his true colors. Previously, she fled to the police to complain about him. She mentioned she was afraid of him. She had family near by. Yet, she trusted him to help take care of her and their child.
Something was terribly wrong with him. She was living in denial.

Sweetheart

Well he's an odd one. A slight smile on his face. It is kind of sad when a man thinks that this is better than a woman being pregnant. He is a sociopath or psychopath obviously.