Police cooperation in other countries

Gabe

With the war against terrorism, police forces internationally have to work together. There has been criticism that the UK police did not contact the Turkish police as quickly as possible to warn them that three girls, two who are 15 years old had flown to Turkey to cross over to Syria to join IS. It has been reported the police sent them an email which wasn't picked up until a day later, but that time the girls had made their way into Syria.

Yesterday, the police seem to be working together as three teenage boys were sent back from Turkey having flown via Spain from London after a parent had reported him missing. It seems the police realize they must cooperate internationally now to help stop the supporters of IS. Finally the Turkish police are aware that the world is watching them.

Rainman

Turkey previously thought ISIS was an ally. An ally who'd rid them of Assad, who is their enemy. But since the terrorists have given their answer that they have no friends and don't need them, Turkey had no options but to start doing what they should have started doing a long time ago. And following the accusations that they weren't doing enough to prevent jihadists from crossing over to Syria they claimed that with the right [timely] intel they would do a better job at keeping jihadis out of Syria. Reading this, I guess they've eventually decided to work together. And that's good for everyone.

bala

Yes they co operate well here if the crime is way too big,like a murder or huge theft but in petty cases hey seem reluctant.I have seen as much as 8 special forces come together to solve a mystery of a serial killer.

sillylucy

I am very scared about how their is a lack of police cooperation when I go out of town. There are crimes committed overseas all of the time and it is so hard to trust authority when not much gets done. I try to cooperate, but some laws just scare me.

DancingLady

Good to hear that Turkey is cooperating with other countries in cases of people traveling through to join IS. I just hope they start tightening up their border for those already in Turkey who might be trying to get into Syria. As I understand, Turkey has been the primary route for internationals to get there, so yes, the world is definitely watching.

kana_marie

Banned
There are going to be some cases that fall through the cracks when communication between different state police, or even city police forces, have to communicate with each other. There are A LOT of different police forces out there. And ty

kana_marie

Banned
There are going to be some cases that fall through the cracks when communication between different state police, or even city police forces, have to communicate with each other. There are A LOT of different police forces out there. And typically the bad guy isn't going to volunteer the information. But when they DO know, as the UK did, there's no excuse for them not to communicate IMMEDIATELY. That's just lazy.