Protesters Gather After Officer Fatally Shoots Man

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A man died after being shot by police in El Cajon, California, sparking dozens of people to protest.

Police responded to a 911 call regarding an African-American man who was reportedly behaving "erratically."

"When officers contacted him, he failed to comply with the directives that he was given," said Lt. Rob Ransweiler.

Police say the man kept both hands in his pant pockets while walking back and forth. The one officer was instructing the male to take his hands out as the second officer prepared a Taser.

The man "rapidly drew an object," placed both hands on it "like you would be holding a firearm" and stood in a "shooting stance," according to authorities.

“I called you to help me, but you killed my brother,†the sister said. However, the victims’s sister said that her brother was not showing his hands to the officers and he wasn't complying with the their orders.

A witness reportedly caught the incident on a cellphone video. He has turned it over to police. Authorities have released an image they said was a frame from the cell phone video that is being reviewed by investigators.

It appears to show the man with his arms forward and hands clasped, while the two police officers face him with weapons drawn.

"Now is the time for calm," said El Cajon Police Chief Jeff Davis. "Now is the time for the investigation to shed light on this event. Now is the time for the community to work with us."

Police say they wouldn't release the video footage until the district attorney has a chance to review the evidence.

[video=youtube;9SbOw7zdTck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SbOw7zdTck[/video]

Attachments

• SanDiegoshooting.jpg
    SanDiegoshooting.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,891
Last edited by a moderator: