Quitting the police department?

JoshPosh

Banned
Was there ever a time during you tenure, that you had came upon a situation, or a build up of instances, where you felt that you could not take another day with your duties as a police officer? Was quitting the department an option, or maybe heavily thought about?

I thought about it myself at times. Seeing too much deaths? Taking abused children away from their children? Things like that would play a part in my decision of leaving.

What are your thoughts?

januz101

If I was a police officer I knew firsthand what I was getting into and that quitting is the last thing that will be on my mind.

bala

I personally if i ever was there would never consider quitting it because in here first of all getting another job is difficult..:p now jokes apart..If you are quitting a job,you are scared of it..indirectly and in just one word..i wouldn't do it.
It means i am a coward..and whatever may the circumstances be i need to wade through it.

js85

I always wonder what the limit is for anyone in that line. Not just police officers, but detectives, forensics, etc. I assume it comes down to "the straw that broke the camel's back" - maybe not one incident that does it all in, but an accumulation of them all until one, however small, just bites really hard.

milyjohnson

I used to wonder how police officers could take the things they go through on the force. It would be hard for me to see so much death and crimes against children. I know I would have signed up for it, but I would still have a hard time handling things like that every day.

Profit5500

I would just tough things out you knew what you were getting yourself when you signed up. Its obvious that some people could not handle the pressure but you have to be like a soldier and accomplish your mission.

Rahstyles

A lot would depend on what pressures the officer had to undergo.

Everyone has a limit and many officers are under a lot of pressure at times. When dealing with the worse of society it must be hard to remain detached and not let it get to you.