Robin Williams Found Dead In Apparent Suicide

Anthony

Super Moderator
RobinWilliams.jpg
Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead from an apparent suicide at his California home on Monday.
Marin County Sheriff's coroner's division said that the cause of death is believed to be suicide by asphyxiation. However the cause of death is still under investigation.
Police responded to a call around 11:55 a.m. on Monday. When they arrived they found Williams unconscious and not breathing inside his house, which he lived with his wife of nearly three years, Susan Schneider. Williams was pronounced dead at 12:02 p.m. He was 63.
“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings." "As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions,†Schneider said in a statement.
[video=youtube_share;LdvrQlc-IDY]http://youtu.be/LdvrQlc-IDY[/video]
According to his representatives Williams checked into a Minnesota rehab facility last month to “focus on his continue commitment†to sobriety.
“This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time,†Williams publicist, Mara Buxbaum, posted in a statement.
A forensic examination is set for August 12 with toxicology testing to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

I felt very sad when I read this news today; he is a gifted man who has gone before his time. I wish there was a way that drugs could be eliminated from the world we live in. I send my condolences to all his loved ones grieving at this time. We say goodbye to an amazing man, may he rest in peace.

mroman3

His life and works will be remembered by those who saw him on screen, and those whose hearts he has touched through his constant desire to give. May he rest in peace.

Sweetheart

This is only the second posting that I've seen that talks about the asphyxiation. What I haven't really seen is who was with him when this happened. The new wife? He actually did a movie about this. It was about a Dad who caught his son tied up and choking himself while enjoying himself. The whole thing is odd and there seems to be some blanks in this story. Absolutely no footage of his family upset about this currently. This is what I don't get.