Similarities between Ferguson riots and the Mark Duggan case in the UK

KrustyKrabella

The Guardian has a pretty good article out about the differences in policing that may have helped the Mark Duggan riots simmer down faster than the Ferguson riots. Although, they do note that even though the two cases are incredibly similar, they might have slightly different underlying themes that could cause the Ferguson riots to last longer.

Anyway, I just thought it was a good article and wanted to share it.

The Ferguson riots may seem similar to those in UK in 2011

stevesxs9

I have heard that the Justice Department intends to launch a civil rights investigation of the entire Ferguson, Missouri, Police Department. The Justice Department will also look at the practices of the county police department, but that will be a more cooperative investigation.

LuckyGirl08

If the police would stop killing innocent and unarmed children then they would not have to worry about riots. The family and community thinks that having a riot is the only way to spread the word and maybe have something done about the situations. Justice should be served for the teenagers and their families. I am sure that if an officers child was murdered then the justice department would be working nonstop for justice.