Suspect Charged With Robbing His Grandmother

Anthony

Super Moderator
Moorecharged.jpg
Panama City Police Department reports that Farriel Lee Moore Jr., 21, has been arrested for allegedly taking his grandmother’s money as she went to pay her bills.
The victim told police the incident happened while she was getting ready to leave. She was standing next to her front door counting her money, when somebody came up from behind her and grabbed the cash out of her hand.
She claims the suspect ran through her house and she did not see him exit, police reported.
She told police that she thinks it was her grandson. She also told them this wasn't the first time he has taken money from her.
Relatives found Moore later that day and called police.
Family members found cash on him, and told authorities he does not have a job.
Police questioned Moore and charged him with robbery by sudden snatching. He was transported to the Bay County Jail while he waits for his first court appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:

askanison

Man that is bad when you are stealing from your grandma like that. He has to be on crack or be the lowest of lows to prey upon his own family members. Some people just aren't wired right and just think taking is better than actually working. I hope they find out what he is in for while he is in jail. Inmates are criminals and all, but family is family and I hope they beat him down while he is in there. Maybe he will think twice next time if they do.

dolittle94

Man that is bad when you are stealing from your grandma like that. He has to be on crack or be the lowest of lows to prey upon his own family members. Some people just aren't wired right and just think taking is better than actually working. I hope they find out what he is in for while he is in jail. Inmates are criminals and all, but family is family and I hope they beat him down while he is in there. Maybe he will think twice next time if they do.
I agree with you, that hair alone makes me think that he has to be on something. I hope that, that is the case because if you aren't some kind of drug addict that makes you feel compelled to do messed up stuff like this, then that actually makes it 10 times worse. I say that because you are actually in a 'sane,' and I use that word loosely, frame of mind and you are completely consciously making that choice. Who does this to your own grandmother? I wouldn't even do it if my grandma was a dirty old bag who treats me like crap, it's wrong on so many levels.

Onionman

This is incredibly sad. Robbing your own grandmother! It's shocking to think that we live in a society that this sort of thing can actually happen. That's a pretty low thing to do.

But if he did it, my guess is, he's a pretty desperate man to even consider it. If he can do that he can probably do a lot worse.

Gelsemium

Sadly this happens sometimes with drug addicts, sometimes they even make their grandparents of parents hostages just to have money to the addiction.

Peninha

I can imagine the terror of the poor woman, seeing her money being stolen by her own grandson.

pattycake

This kind of thing just goes to show that childish people cannot raise children. I'm not taking up for this guy and agree with askanison that he need a beat down in jail, but the fact remains how he was raised can't be overlooked in his behavior. To attack your own family shows that your family didn't do right by you. I'm gonna share something with y'all...

My big sister once hit my grandmother up for hundreds of dollars and I never said anything to my mother about it for one reason... It was because my grandmother was a bitch. I couldn't stand her. She was the meanest human I ever seen up close. And I didn't care about my sister hitting her wallet. If it had been anybody else I would have sang like a canary because I felt that what my sister did was wrong, but I just couldn't see ratting her out over my grandmother.

This guy who did that to his grandmother, she couldn't have been a good grandmother. That's all I'm saying. This young man grew up with no love from the women in his family, and I hope that he gets the help he needs in jail. A beat down may wake him up a little, but he needs counseling help.

pattycake

What do you mean patty? Why do you say the grandmother is messed up? :confused:

I say that because children don't attack good parents. And that's a biological fact. There's no possible way that this grandma is a good grandma, because her grandson could never attack her if she were.