Teacher Accused Of Improper Relationship With Student

Anthony

Super Moderator
Ashley-Elizabeth-Zehnder.jpg
A Pasadena High School female teacher is facing felony charges, she is accused of having an improper relationship with a student.
Ashley Elizabeth Zehnder, a 24-year-old biology teacher and assistant coach to the cheer squad in Houston, Texas, has been charged with having an improper relationship with a student.
Zehnder has admitted to having a sexual relationship with a male member of the cheer squad that allegedly began in late May and continued throughout the summer.
The investigation began when Zehnder went to the school administration to complain about a naked photo of her that was making its rounds among the students
Once the assistant principal started questioning the 17-year-old student where he got the picture, he confessed that he received the picture from the teacher herself and that they had been in a sexual relationship.
The victim told authorities that the relationship started when he lost his cellphone and used the Zehnder's phone to locate his. He saved the teacher's phone number and they began texting.
The student also told police they had been having sex at her Houston apartment.
The teacher initially denied the relationship, but when confronted with the picture, she confessed that she had sent the naked picture to the teenager via Snapchat.
After confessing to law enforcement, Zehnder was allowed to resign before her eventual arrest.
Zehnder was placed on administrative leave on October 1 and then resigned October 9 amid the investigation, according to district officials.
"This behavior will not be tolerated in Pasadena ISD. Our primary concern is to provide a safe learning environment for our students. When an educator violates the trust of a student, it makes it difficult for the majority of teachers who genuinely care for the safety and well-being of students," district spokeswoman Renea Ivy-Sims said in a statement.
Zehnder has posted a $10,000 bond. She appeared before a judge on Monday morning.

Attachments

• Zehnderpasadenateacher.JPG
    Zehnderpasadenateacher.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited by a moderator:

mimsee

A really dumb move on her part to try to complain that the photo was being circulated when she was the one who sent it! She shouldn't have sent it at all. Even though she's still a young lady, she is definitely not young enough to be having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old! Thankfully she resigned herself before she had to be arrested in front of her students.

Muthoni

It is difficult to make the right choices for a number of people when temptation presents itself. It would have been so much easier for the teacher to draw the line when the student started texting her. Everything bad is very seductive and I am almost sure that the teacher did not plan to have sex with this student. She should not have left the door open to that possibility.

mimsee

It is difficult to make the right choices for a number of people when temptation presents itself. It would have been so much easier for the teacher to draw the line when the student started texting her. Everything bad is very seductive and I am almost sure that the teacher did not plan to have sex with this student. She should not have left the door open to that possibility.

I agree to an extent. I think that had she had not been tempted she would've never had sex with her student..but..that's almost true about any other teacher who has ever had sex with their student. Most teachers don't get into the field to be able to have sexual relations with their students. I'm just glad that she won't get the opportunity to have it happen again.

Peninha

I think that professor-student relationships can't simply exist, they are illegal for obvious reasons.

pattycake

She's only 7 years older than the student, so she's pretty much in the high school state of mind herself. For her sake, I hope she has learned something from this experience. You don't copulate with your students if they are not legally adults. The passing of her picture around is juvenile behavior that she need to take care not to choose childish males as boyfriends. An old man is capable of doing the same thing because I've nearly been there with one, so she has to learn to distinguish the difference between boys and men. Men do not pass pictures around but boys do.

Strykstar

I wonder if some law could be instituted that you have to be over 30 or something to be able to teach high-school kids.
Her age is just too close to the students so these situations are more likely to happen.

pattycake

I wonder if some law could be instituted that you have to be over 30 or something to be able to teach high-school kids.
Her age is just too close to the students so these situations are more likely to happen.

That makes sense, because many teenagers wouldn't respect someone in their own age range, no matter how smart and qualified that person is to teach. This teacher in the article really looks like a teenager herself, so you got a strong point.

askanison

The sad part is how badly she has ruined her life. Her whole career as a teacher is over and she has wasted a college degree because of it. I will bet you a large sum of money that she won't get hardly any jail time either. Every "pretty" female teacher that gets caught red handed with a student like this gets a slap on the wrist and sent back out into society whereas a male teacher will get the book thrown at him and be labelled a pedophile. The sad truth is if you are pretty and dumb you seem to be able to get away with almost anything SMH. :mad:

mairj23

Seems like these female teachers are the real predators and not the men. She'll probably get a slap on the wrist like all females do. If that was a male teacher his life would pretty much be over. Talk about a double standard.